Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 3 October 2011

We did it ;D

3rd October 2011

Stop trying to fit in when you were born to stand out.

Well I did it, and I’ve found bones and muscles in my bum I wasn’t aware of.  We had a brilliant day, we started cycling about ten, and it was warm but cloudy and we even got a bit of rain whilst we were out there.  We decided we were just gonna take our time and enjoy as we hadn’t trained we were too busy doing what we’d called our team “ladies that lunch”, so we rode and chatted and watched folk overtake us, we stopped once for a few minutes to take our jackets off, then when we passed the feed stations we noticed a lot of those that had passed us had stopped for refuelling!  I’d much rather be a tortoise than a hare – it’s less sweaty.  It wasn’t until the 20th mile that Jo commented she was finding the hill tough so I said change your gears, to which she said “I don’t know how to on this bike”, she’d rode 20 miles in one gear and without padded pants – NOW that’s HARD CORE ;D  At this point yet another woman rode passed us very sweaty and grumpy and asked, “Do you know how much further”, I said, “5 miles” then added “that wasn’t the answer you wanted was it!”, then I said, “If you’re shattered slow down and enjoy the view.”

Lynne had said at the beginning we’d do it in 2 ½ hours I said 3 to give us plenty leeway as I knew we weren’t prepared so we were really chuffed to all do it in about 2hrs 3mins and we came reasonably placed out of 999 riders.  Victoria Pendleton (World & Olympic  cycle champion) obviously had the same idea because she didn’t rush either her time was 2hrs 1½m, the winner however did it in 1hr 6mins – I bet she didn’t admire all the beautiful country houses and the scenery.

Ladies that Lunch
Time
Position
Lynne
Wyatt
02:03:30
488
Bev
Longsden
02:02:43
476
Joanne
Clark
02:03:28
484

The running obviously helped because my legs coped fine and they feel okay today, my bum will take a few days to recover though.  I looked up cycling as an activity on esource and for 2hrs of gentle cycling I would’ve earned 9pp, strenuous cycling would’ve been 21pp, so I reckon somewhere in the middle because it was none stop.  Unfortunately the mixed grill I had at the Brewers Fayre cost me 38pp and the rhubarb crumble with custard about 14pp, they didn’t even touch the sides.  I won’t hold my breathe for a weight loss even with all the activity ProPoints I’ve earned this week.

It was great to see so many different women taking part in the event, large, small, tall, short, all sorts and I’m pleased to say that size does not dictate fitness, trust me I was overtaken up in by a large lady sprinting the last five miles she was.   If you think you’d like to take part go and register your interest for next year http://www.cycletta.com/ , you can do it as a sponsored event or just take part for fun, either way theirs an entrance fee.

I think what I’ve realised over this last 8 weeks is that you need to find an activity that suits you, I did enjoy the bike ride yesterday, apart from the bum thing I actually found it quite relaxing, however I prefer running it gives me a greater sense of achievement and makes me feel like I’m alive and full of energy for hours after, it’s actually quite addictive I’ve noticed, I want to go out now. 

So whatever activity you choose, and you should choose something if you’re able - don’t wait till your ill to start taking care of yourself, like most people do- make it an activity you really enjoy, whether it’s a class like zumba, a walk round the block, a trip to the gym, just make sure when you’ve finished it’s put a smile on yourself, it doesn’t have to be there whilst you’re doing the activity – mine isn’t!

I feel fabulous and I’m toning up so regardless of what the scales say, this exercise larks working for me.

It’s still dark outside, so hopefully we’ll get a nice day, but if we don’t we can still smile. xx

http://www.justgiving.com/WeightWatcherWitches it’s not too late to donate!

No comments: