Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 17 October 2011

Have a Mega Monday!

17th October 2011

To fight fear, act. To increase fear wait, put off, postpone. David J. Schwartz

I never even turned the computer on yesterday, I was staying at my friends because of looking after her two and when I woke up at 6ish instead of turning on a pc and writing my blog, I read a book and had a cup of tea, then we all walked their dog Roxie and had fun on the park. Saturday was great too, we went to see ‘Dolphin Tale’ at the cinema which is a lovely film.  So now it’s Monday and I’m feeling a little behind because when I got home yesterday I just enjoyed the rest of the day with my mom and Alfie and now my desk looks like it’s not been touched since Saturday morning ‘-) which it hasn’t and I have 3 hours work to do in 90 minutes, so this blogs gonna be short and sweet.
O yeah and my diet went out the window a little to with popcorn, macdonalds, chip shop and Sainsbury’s cafĂ©!  I lost a filling too on a tooty fruitie sweet, which means I’m going to have to fit in a trip to the dentist now to my already crazy busy schedule.  I’m definitely ready for my holiday, although a weekend at home with no plans would be nice too, so I can get all those little things done that keep getting put off.

None of it matters though does it as long as life is being enjoyed, dull women have tidy houses, that’s my motto and I’m sticking to it, although bless her my mom had tidied the rest of the house whilst I away.
I’m sat here typing how busy I am and yet I’ve just sat and watched an 8min film of a boy on Australia’s XFactor that has put into perspective how lucky we really are to be as safe and happy as we are.  Here’s the link, if you’ve got up this morning with the Monday morning blues, watch this and ‘Imagine’, then smile and get on with your day.  I know you probably haven’t got 8 minutes to spare – make the time.

Going back to my weekend, I’ve decided that you can keep fast food, I’m most definitely cured for a while, the McDonalds we had wasn’t hot and they aren’t nice at all when the start to go cold, I did enjoy the popcorn at the cinema and we all shared one bag so that wasn’t so bad.  We had chip shop on the night and I finally bought the donor kebab I’ve been craving for 2 weeks now, as I ate it I realised I was enjoying combination of the pitta and salad with the mint sauce more than the actual meat so salad pittas from now on it is!  I also only ate a handful of chips, I’m definitely getting to grips with not eating it just because it’s on the plate, that’s something I noticed the kids doing a lot at the weekend, leaving things on plates because they’ve had enough, they’re not thinking about the fact it’s been paid for or that it’s a waste, they’re full so they stop.

So today is all about healthy eating, I’m not worried about the scales this morning, they’ll probably show a gain but it’ll go as soon as it came especially if I make this week a healthy eating week and dump the junk.  No more convenience fast food or processed junk, I’m off to buy the ingredients to make a big pot of stew, I’ve already made a batch of grey peas and bacon (you love em or hate em – I likes a lot), and definitely filling the fruit bowl this week, or the fridge with ready chopped stuff.
I had the best thing waiting for me when I got home Sunday, it had arrived in the post on Saturday, a few weeks ago I got my members to write a note of encouragement to another member and then got them to put it in an envelope addressed to themselves, Friday I posted some of them (my helper put stamps on), it turned out someone had written one for me and I received it yesterday, made my day, this was it;

A huge thank you to whoever sent it to me.  Random acts of niceness are so worthwhile, why not do one or two yourself this week.  That little note put the biggest grin on my face, I loved that someone (whoever you are) thought about doing it, such a lovely thought.
Here’s to an awesome week for all of us.  Have a mega Monday xx


No comments: