Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 26 October 2011

Hurry, Hurry, Hurry now - quick, quick, quick!

26th October 2011

The difference between perseverance and obstinacy is that one often comes from a strong will, and the other from a strong won't.  Henry Ward Beecher
I made a duff beef casserole yesterday the spuds just wouldn’t cook properly, they were edible but didn’t taste too good at all, so today I’m going to get the spuds out of what’s left and make a plate of steaming hot mash to go with the beef and veggies that weren’t ok :D where there’s a will there’s a way. 

Meetings are great this week, I love that the moms are still coming despite it being half term, it’s a way for them to escape and have some ‘me’ time too whilst they’ve got the kids for the rest of the week and in fairness the kids are well behaved sitting there with their handheld things playing some game or other.
There are not enough hours in the day!

How many times do you say or think that?  Since I was taken on in July as an employee I’ve had to keep a time sheet and now know that I’m working on average a 50 hour week, so being organised is essential.  I’m still struggling to get it all done so I’m rethinking how much work I do and I’ve decided something’s got to give, I’m in the process of sorting that out this week.  I love my job passionately, however I also love my life and when you’ve not got the balance right then it’s time to make some serious decisions.  I enjoy cooking but lately I haven’t had so much time for that because I’m out and about so much.  I literally spent 10 minutes getting a casserole in the oven yesterday, no wonder it didn’t taste so good, some one had suggested I should have parboiled the potatoes – I didn’t have time to do that ;(  I want to spend more time taking my dog for walks and playing up the garden with him, I want to not be falling asleep at 8pm on a Friday because I’m shattered.  Yes we are only on this planet once (as far as we know), so as much as I love what I do to pay my bills, something’s got to give and that may mean a pay cut which in the current climate isn’t fabulous however my health and happiness is much more important to me than money plus  if I had more time to shop I wouldn’t spend so much on food anyway thus saving me pounds ;D I saw my credit card statement yesterday, I spend a lot of money on food – that’s my next task cutting down the cost of eating!  Watch this space!
So unless someone starts a 26-hour day initiative, there's not much we can do. Or is there?
I know most of my members struggle with time issues, so I’ve just found an article on Weight Watchers esource http://www.weightwatchers.co.uk/util/art/index_art.aspx?tabnum=1&art_id=45621&sc=3045 with lots of suggestions on how to save time, here a selected few of them.

Work Out in the Morning
If your body reacts well to working out in the morning, do it. "Hit the gym first thing, and then you only have to take one shower that day. You're sure to get the workout in and you save time," says Jeff Davidson, author of The Complete Idiot's Guide to Getting Things Done.
Make Your Wardrobe Work for You
Deciding what to wear the night before is an obvious time-saver in the morning, but that still takes time out of your night. For that reason, think about having a few classic outfits on hand at all times.

Label Folders Clearly
When labelling a new file folder, ask yourself, "Where would I look for this if I need it?" instead of "Where should I file this?" If you can't find a file within 15 seconds, it's filed in the wrong place.
This one is helpful for your food, mark the ProPoints on it when you are in the supermarket with a marker pen, saves time later.

Keep Like with Like
Zone your kitchen — and other parts of your house — so that all related supplies are together. If you keep all of your breakfast items together, you'll see what you have and you'll be more likely to make healthy choices. It'll also save you some excruciating time searching for that can of tomatoes you know is around somewhere.


Stop Ironing
Buy crease-free shirts and trousers that don't need to be ironed.
Buy in Bulk
Keep an ongoing shopping list and hit the supermarket every two weeks instead of once a week. Stock up on items you use a lot and try to anticipate what you'll need in the coming weeks to avoid making another trip to the shops. If you don't enjoy going to the supermarket anyway then try internet shopping to save even more time.


Get some Rest
People can get by on as little as four hours of sleep but that doesn't mean it's recommended. Make sure you get the rest that you know your body needs. If you're tired in the morning, you'll start to lose control of your time, fall behind in your projects and then be stressed while lying in bed at night, starting the cycle all over.
For all the other suggestions log on to the Weight Watchers site.

No matter how busy I am today, I’m going to make time for a walk with Alfie and a run on my own, what are you going to make time for?








No comments: