Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 20 September 2011

You can't beat a good curry!


20th September 2011

Whether you think you will or think you won't—you're right!

I had a really early night last night and I feel great for it this morning, although being woken up by a noise downstairs wasn’t so good, I grabbed moms walking stick to go investigate but there was nothing there ;D

Three members got to their goal yesterday; I just love ProPoints and how well it works for my members, and how flexible it is really makes the difference I believe. 

I’m going to cook today, there’s a couple of recipes in this weeks YOUR WEEK leaflet that look good, one’s chicken and bacon hot pot thing which I shall do today, the others beef stroganoff which I’ll do later in the week.  I’m also going to make a chicken, cauliflower and potato curry because I’ve been told I’ll like it – I’ll let you know!

If you haven’t looked through you’re folder later, do so, there’s some easy tasty recipes inside, and now that the colder weather has arrived it’s a great time to make different foods.  I plan to bulk cook today and fill my freezer, I should be able to do that in the couple of hours between meetings – I say hopefully.

If you’ve got the monthly pass, there’s this great article on esource about autumn dishes to cook; http://www.weightwatchers.co.uk/util/art/index_art.aspx?tabnum=1&art_id=40651

There’s a one point vegetable curry in the recipe bank on esource too which looks tasty and also great for emergencies when you’ve run out of ProPoints!  I have to say I fancy this recipe though, as I shared a tub of Aloo Saag from Sainsbury’s yesterday which worked out at 5pp each and there wasn’t much, so this one for 3pp looks fab and it has chicken in too which is a bonus, I may add this to my to cook list for today, although I may use frozen spinach because I already have it in the freezer.

Chicken Sag
ProPoints® Value: 3
Servings:
4
Preparation Time:
18 min
Cooking Time:
20 min
Level of Difficulty:
Easy

Finish this dish with a rice recipe: Cook basmati rice with 1/2 a diced onion, a small piece of a cinnamon stick and 1/2 a bay leaf. Remove spices before serving.

Ingredients
10 spray(s) Cooking Spray, Calorie Controlled, divided
4 teaspoons Curry Powder, mild variety
1 teaspoons Coriander, Dried (level)
1/2 teaspoons Cumin, Ground (level)
2 tablespoons Ginger, Root, fresh (grated)
2 clove(s) Garlic, finely chopped
450 g Chicken, Breast, Skinless, Raw, boneless, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
2 large Tomato, ripe, seeded and chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
300 g Spinach, baby leaves
1/2 teaspoons Salt, or sea salt (preferred)
60 ml Water
2 tablespoons Coriander, Fresh, chopped

·    Spray 5 sprays low fat cooking spray, curry powder, coriander, cumin, ginger and garlic in a large nonstick frying pan; cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until toasted and fragrant, about 2 to 3 minutes.
·    Spray remaining cooking spray and add chicken to frying pan; stir with to coat with spiced spray.
·    Add tomatoes; cover pan and cook for 10 minutes. Uncover and stir to combine.
·    Add spinach; cover and cook for 5 minutes more. Uncover and stir to combine.
·    Add sea salt, water and coriander; simmer for 1 minute.


I really do love the recipe database on the Weight Watchers website because you can search by ingredients as well as specific recipes, or you can browse by things such as ProPoint values, so if you’re looking for something low in PP that helps a lot.

Anyway if I want to be able to cook at lunchtime, I have to get my paperwork done now, so catch you tomorrow and have a fabulous day. xx

No comments: