Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 21 September 2011

Missing my besties...

21st September 2011

There are only two ways to love your life, The one is as though nothing is a miracle - The other is as though everything is a miracle.

Another two of my members achieved their goal weight yesterday, congratulations to Donna and Joy, so I sat down and did the maths and realised that so far this year 95 of my members have got to their goal and are now members of the exclusive Weight Watchers Gold Club, that makes me very proud and really does give me job satisfaction.

Last night I got ten minutes with two of my closest friends and suddenly I realised how easy it is not to make time for things or people that matter.  There isn’t ever likely to be a time when I’m not busy – you’re probably the same, but if something or someone is important to you then you need to make time.  Whether that be time to get to your Weight Watcher meeting to stay on track or time for your besties to catch up and have some fun.  We’re going to have tea together on Sunday, I was already looking forward to my weekend plans and now they’ve just got even better.

I was very productive yesterday afternoon, between meetings, as well as doing all my paperwork, taking Alfie back to the vets (poor things got an ulcer on his eye), I managed to prepare 3 different dishes to fill my freezer, the chicken and bacon stew in this weeks YOUR WEEK is absolutely delicious, I had that for my tea last night and I also make two curry’s, one plain chicken and the other with potato and cauliflower in too.  I used jar sauces though for quickness and now I have lots of meals filling my freezer for those days I can’t be bothered or don’t have the time.   

I’m yawning well this morning though and it’s my morning to run, so I’m hoping my enthusiasm and energy will appear soon, or at least whilst I’m walking Alfie, having said that Sunday when I managed to do 5k I was absolutely shattered before and didn’t even want to walk the dog so I’m sure I’ll be ok in a bit.

It didn’t help that when I made my first cup of tea this morning the milk was off, so I’m sat here drinking my first mug of hot water of the year because I couldn’t be bothered to start making tea again.  I do actually like hot water though, so it’s ok, time to start drinking more of it again, that’s a habit I got out of, that I need to get back into. 

Yesterday had a good email from Weight Watchers, there was a link to take you to a list of filling and healthy foods and also a pound off the new one pot cook book, so if you haven’t already got it now’s your chance to buy it cheaper, if you received the email.

I’m really enjoying looking for new ideas on their website, it saves having to ProPoint things because they’ve already done it for me, I like the look of this and it’s vegetarian, so you’ll be being super healthy if you make this;

Leek, Courgette and Cannellini Bean Bake

ProPoints® value per serving: 9, 2 servings

Spray oil, for frying
1 large leek, thinly sliced
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 tsp chilli powder
2 tomatoes, finely chopped
1/2 x 410g can cannellini beans, drained
2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
1 large baking potato, peeled and sliced
1 courgette, sliced
2 plum tomatoes, sliced
100ml vegetable stock
25g Parmesan grated

·       Preheat the oven to 220˚C/425˚F/Gas 7. Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan and cook the leek and garlic until softened (about 10 minutes). Stir in the chilli, then the tomatoes, beans and parsley.
·      Transfer to a small baking dish. Cook the sliced potato for 5 minutes, drain and spread across the leek mixture. Top with slices of plum tomato and courgette. Pour the stock into the dish.
·       Bake for 25 minutes. Then sprinkle with the cheese and cook for another 10 minutes.

With thoughts of food in my mind, I now feel prepared to brave the darkness and walk the doodle.  Catch ya tomo, unless I’m weighing you today of course in which case, I’ll see you later.


No comments: