Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 9 September 2011

Running late...

9th September 2011

Nobody ever drowned in his own sweat. Ann Landers
Well I’m running late literally this morning!  Slept in till 6.20 (check me out), the walked Alfie for about 90 minutes and finally went running at 8am.  Today was the day I had to run for 20 minutes for the first time and to make it that little more difficult for me, it’s that time of month and I have stomach cramps to die for.   It was hard but I did it, I even managed to carry on running for an extra 2 minutes at the end of the twenty, so I officially ran for 2 miles, not a great pace but a pace none the less and I’d be lying if I said I enjoyed any of it but I’m proud of myself for not quitting or not backing out and I’ve earned activity ProPoints to boot, my pedometer already has 3pp on it although that doesn’t know I was running it was just counting steps, when I’ve gone online and typed in running 22 minutes gives me 4pp, but I’ll stick with the pedometer and carry on earning more as the day goes on.
Well what a fabulous week, Weight Watchers was all over the tv and in all the newspapers yesterday tell us that Weight Watchers works, but we already knew that didn’t we, and ProPoints is the best plan to date, another of my members got to goal last night (well done Denise) which makes 36 to goal in ten weeks that’s just awesome and makes me so proud, I’ve also ordered another half a dozen 50lb certificates this week which again is amazing and whilst walking this morning my sisters told me so far she’s lost over 3 stone, so all is good in my world.
This week in my meetings we’ve discussed how easy it is to quit but how satisfying it is to keep going, running is having that effect on me at the moment, I really want to quit when I am actually running, but once I’m home and I’ve done it I feel much better.  It’s the same on the scales, when you lose you feel amazing but when you’re tempted with a food and drink, it’s too easy to say, “go on then”, and then get a bad result so quit.

Pam put a comment on my facebook wall today which is worth sharing;
If you've been in a car with a GPS unit, you know how it works. If you make a mistake, it doesn't tell you that you might as well drive off a cliff because you missed the turn. Instead, all it says, very politely, is this: "At the next available moment, make an authorized U-turn." The GPS recognizes the error matter-of-factly and simply guides you back onto the right road.  When you make a bad choice, repeat the YOU Diet mantra: "At the next available moment, make an authorized YOU-Turn." Get back on the right road.
This reminded me of a care note I once sent out to my members which said;
Don’t see it as a diet, see it as a journey, Weight Watchers is your vehicle, I’m your Sat Nav & your weekly meetings are your pit stops.  Remember you’ll lose your excess baggage on-route to your Golden destination.

It’s really important to realise you don’t have to be 100% perfect, you’re human and we’re emotional beings and sometimes our emotional state encourages us to veer off the righteous healthy path.  For me these days it’s about being as healthy as I can be, taking care of me and enjoying the journey too, and that’s the message I hope I pass on to all my members.
You can lose weight and eat cake, you can have pie and chips sometimes, I went in a chip shop just over a week ago and the women behind the counter was all, “should you be having this being a leader, do your members know, blah blah blah”, erm excuse me – YOU CAN eat anything you want as long as it’s within your allowance so NUR! ;D

YAY it’s Friday, here comes the weekend and I’m on a mission to make it through to Monday on track – hope you’re all with me. xx


No comments: