Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 30 August 2010

August 30th - Facebook email

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. Ralph Waldo Emerson

What a beautiful morning, got up early and was out the house by 6.30 drove to Kinver Edge and walked for just over an hour with my brother, little Alfie loved it. I thought it would tire him out but he’s here now driving me crazy!

Well I had a lovely overnight stay at the Fairlawns and then got back to reality with a 3-hour ironing stint last night – boo! Supposed to be doing lots of housework and stuff today but I’m not feeling the love for it at the moment – we’ll see how the day progresses.

Diet obviously not been wonderful with the delicious food but back to it from tomorrow, I know it should be today but I’m feeling the love for a KFC later I’m afraid, it hopefully might pass by then but if it doesn’t then I’m going to go for it and get it out of my system because sometimes you just have to don’t you.

I have to say I may constantly struggle with my diet and my weight but I’m greedily grateful for my love of food and life, I wouldn’t want to be any other way.

I’ve read lots of stuff this weekend on health and diet etc and a lot of it is so conflicting, one example says, apparently if you thighs measure more than 60cm you’re less likely to have heart disease – great I’m in the 60+ category there, they don’t mention that instead of heart disease you’ll have major emotional trauma trying to buy a pair of jeans that fit over those thighs without them being massive round the waist ;-) I also have that problem!!!!!

As far as dieting goes, I think a lot of it is common sense, slow and steady wins, variety is key and so is enjoyment, in the words of Cheryl Cole “Too much of anything can make you sick!” yes eat too much of anything and the consequences won’t be good!

I also read an interview with Nigella Lawson and although she doesn’t really advocate dieting, she does make some very valid points, her words were, “I know I eat a lot, but my refusal to bow down to the daily diet and all-round self-denial doesn’t mean I believe in indiscriminate gluttony. For me it’s about savouring food without guilt or shame and not thinking that less flesh (either on your plate or your skeleton) is necessarily better.”

My personal take on it all is to find my happy weight, a weight where I can still enjoy the odd indulgence as well as enjoying everything I eat on a daily basis. What that weight is, mmm seems to vary in my mind from season to season, year-to-year and mood-to-mood! Earlier this year I weighed half a stone heavier than I do now and I felt fine with it, at this moment in time I feel I need to be a few pounds lighter. Whatever my happy weight is, the one thing that has stayed a continuous now for a long time is “healthy and happy”. I try to eat well and opt for foods that don’t just taste delicious but are good for me too, I rarely eat processed foods or ready meals which is a massive difference from when I originally lost my weight on 2 Weight Watcher meals a day and a half bottle of wine! So this is all going towards making me healthy I think, and as for happy, well all I have to do for that is remind myself each morning of how good my life is and how many wonderful things there are in it.

However you spend your bank holiday, spend a couple of minutes thinking about all the wonderful in your life, then spend a few more minutes thinking what you can have delicious for your dinner that doesn’t have to blow your points.

It’s take me half hour to write this and in that time, I’ve changed my mind about the KFC, I don’t want one anymore, I was just hungry driving home and now I’ve had breakfast the craving has gone.

Remember life starts now....

Are you living yet?

No comments: