Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 2 August 2010

August 2nd 2010 facebook email

You have to have confidence in your ability, and then be tough enough to follow through. Rosalynn Carter

Well not sure about you but I’ve had a lovely weekend, unfortunately I’ve also had a head cold coming on and it’s finally hit me like a hammer this morning, so feeling a bit yuck today and have a busy day as always.

So I’m planning to eat really healthy and try and kill it off with good food, lots of Vitamin C!

We had a pampering break at Fairlawns at the weekend and I spent a bit of time people watching, it’s hard not too when your nosey like me. Anyway Saturday night was a 4 course meal and the first thing they bought out was a cauliflower puree which was served in a little tea cup with bread and I have to say I thought it was delicious, however the couple next to us were moaning about how small it was. What they were failing to think about was, they still had 4 courses to follow!

The starter was delicious and yes again small but enough of it, by now the chap next to me is saying, “we’re gonna have to stop at Macdonalds on the way home”, I wander if he has 4 courses at night or if he feels after one course he has to go get more! I doubt it. The main course I had was steak and there was plenty, it came served with chips, peas, carrots, tomato and grilled mushroom and I was pleased to say I couldn’t finish it and I didn’t’ even try to, funnily enough the couple at the next table shut up when their main course arrived, I think Maccy’s had been forgotten. Just for the record I couldn’t have eaten a pudding if my life had depended on it, I had a little bit of cheese and biscuits and it was served just right, just a sliver of each cheese which is all you need.

The next day when we had lunch which was a buffet bar, we had one plate and watched 3 woman eat as much as they possibly could, obviously “getting their money’s worth!” and also getting indigestion and heartburn at the same time I’m guessing. The one was a vegetarian, so she asked for the vegi option, at the same time helping herself to a full plate of pasta/coleslaw/salad/potato etc when the lady came across with the goats cheese tart thing, the woman went to take the plate which did make me giggle as the waitress was just cutting it up to give her a slice or two!

As a nation we really do need to get a grip on this ‘balance’ thing, especially where food is concerned. Just because it’s free or included in the price do you feel the need to eat it all. I used to but this weekend I didn’t, I remember getting half way through my steak and thinking, “I’m full”, then thinking, “but this is so nice and I haven’t had a good steak for ages”, but then I remembered I can always have steak another time, as Vicky asked me, “Are you comfortably full, will eating anymore make you feel yucky later?” to which the answer was “yes”, which was the end of the dilemma. Yes they were the best little bowl of chips I’ve tasted in a long time, but I really couldn’t eat them because I was full.

It’s important to slow down when you eat and enjoy and taste your food because that’s another way we end up overeating by eating too fast and not giving out brain time to realise our bellies full – roughly 20 minutes the experts reckon.

So next time you’re out, try and be more mindful of your eating and stop when you know you’ve had enough, don’t keep eating because it’s paid for.

Remember life starts NOW.

Are you living yet?!

No comments: