Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Saturday 14 August 2010

14th August 2010 - facebook email

Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. John Lennon

O my word, I'm drinking a kiwi fruit smoothie I've just made and its a bit sour for 7am!  I'm hoping the vitamin C of the kiwi will do me good, did you know just two kiwi fruits provide twice as much vitamin C as an orange.  And they are fantastic for beating water retention too apparently.  The fiber in them makes them very effective intestinal cleansers, and they improve the digestive system as well as the immune system.  They remove excess soldium from the body which helps stabilize the water levels in the cells and reduce blood pressure.  So my smoothie should do me some good, and I'd have it again too.

As you can see I'm getting serious about this healthy eating thing, I wanna feel full of energy and life, not sluggish and stuffed up!  I

I'm also loving honey in hot water too, did you know honey is another source of vitamin C, it's twice as sweet as sugar and a good choice for sweet-toothed dieters because a little goes a long way!  Here's a lovely recipe for honey and ginger ice cream (8pts in all of it).

Thumb-sized piece of fresh root ginger, peeled and finely chopped
2 tbsp honey (3.5pts)
500ml low fat bio yogurt (4.5pts)

put the ginger and honey in a small pan, add a little water and boil, stirring for 10 minutes.  Leave to cool.  when cold, stir into the yoogurt.  Transfer to a freezer-proof container and freeze for 4 hours; remove, stir and return to the freezer for a further 4 hours.  Serve with tropical fruit.

Sounds nice doesn't it! 

So not much got done in my house yesterday, once I'd finished all my paperwork I chilled out, had a long bubble bath and read my book then watched some tv.  It was great.  Today I'm going to do something, be productive in some way.  Already walked Alfie, we aint afraid of the rain, no he doesn't care at all if I'm getting soaked. 

Enjoy your day, remember life starts now.

Are you living yet?

No comments: