Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 5 September 2024

Bulk cooking day

 Thursday 5th September 2024


I hurt yesterday, but I didn't let it stop me getting stuff done, I took a kg of chicken breast out of the freezer and a pack of diced lamb, both of which were bought reduced in last month or so to save money.  I asked Alexa if the lamb could be cooked from frozen and she said yes so I threw it in the slow cooker with a couple of diced carrots and a sliced onion, 2 oxo cubes and a bit of water and put it on low, then went to work.  

Turned it up to high when I got home as the carrots were hard but once it was cooked, I added a little bisto gravy granules and oh my, it was delicious, I could eat that every week, lamb's a bit expensive though, even when it's reduced!  I served it with leftover mash and it was lush, nom nom. 
  
  

With the chicken I realised I'd nothing to cook it in so I caved and went to the shop, I had to take something back to exchange anyway so bought a jar of Sainsbury's home brand  Stamford Street curry sauce and the extra large jar of Ben's sweet and sour sauce as that worked out cheaper per 100g.  

 
I had to laugh when Aryn came home and said, you been cooking and I said yeah, there's curry or sweet and sour for your dinner and his reply was, 'I'll have both!', yep you can't fill a teenager up!  He ate it with a while packet of egg fried rice!  Then he would've eaten some of the rock cakes I made afterwards.  I'm only jealous because if I ate that, I'd gain weight.

I don't need to cook today now, which is good as it's a busy day.  Because I was waiting for a parcel yesterday so stuck in, I also cleared out all my cupboards in the kitchen, so now I know exactly what I have, not much to be honest as I've been working on getting it used up.  I have one huge drawer that's now completely empty!  

Weigh day for me, I won't hold my breathe, was away and indulged the weekend, not quite been great since, so I'll take whatever they say and work on getting better.  Bread has been a big part of my diet this week, it's cheap ain't it, I had cheese on toast yesterday morning because I'd fancied it for days, it was so good!  Then I had toast the day before, a slice of bread dunked in my slow cooker lamb, there's butter too because Aryn's having it on his toast, the temptation is strong, I have realised it really does contribute to giving me heartburn/indigestion though, you'd think that would stop me eating it wouldn't you.

I need to get ready for work, traffics bad again now they're back at school, so have to leave a little earlier.  Here's to getting through a busy day, I've had a good nights sleep because I went early and I'm still yawning!

Mwah, luv ya 

Love me x




No comments: