Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 14 December 2021

Getting dressed in the dark - that's not happened in a v v long time!

Tuesday 14th December 2021
May your days be merry & bright.


Well to say I'm adjusting to my new life is an understatement :) I woke this morning and grabbed my dressing gown in the dark so as not to scare the man child if  he was to come out his room onto the landing, then I grabbed clothes from the wardrobe in the dark because I didn't want to wake the sleeping one in the bed either!  Turns out I'm wearing my Christmas sweatshirt today then :) I'm happy with that, I love it, the thick jeans I've put on won't be helping me at the scales at all but hey, it's Christmas time so I'm working on damage limitation anyway.

Actually any damage done this week has had nothing to do with Christmas, it has to do with the house being full of food that I wouldn't buy and the man child being a feeder!  'Do you want a biscuit, some sweets, etc, etc"  It's really difficult to resist temptation isn't it, especially when you're happy and you like the food on offer.

The thing is though I also like the weight loss success I've had this year, I need to work on resisting temptation and not letting myself or others sabotage my success so far.   I will be enjoying Christmas though and not stressing about the numbers because when I get back from Ireland I can sort it all out.    Won't be going crazy on the Christmas food shop either as there's only really a Lidl's and their local supermarket unless we drive an hour to the nearest larger town and I'm not really fussed about doing that.  I've spent many a Christmas in the middle of nowhere with mom so it won't phase me, I will miss the giggles mom and I had though and walking on the beach Christmas morning, but it's been over 8 years since I got to do that anyway  At least this year, I'll get to cook a big dinner, watch them as they open their presents and relax, oh that sounds so good.

We've had a lovely chilled weekend, I've finally got door handles on all my doors, it's been a very, very long time since I had one on my bedroom, I even have a lock on the bathroom door again, turns out he has more than one or two uses :) !

Home schooling resumed yesterday, mmm well I'm enjoying more than the man child is let's say, I actually sat and read the story of Abraham yesterday after he'd gone upstairs to play some computer game, dear me, what have I become.  At least I know what he's got to be doing today now, the only homework I cannot help him with is Irish, the essay book is literally completely in Irish!   Come January, hopefully that won't be a problem if all goes to plan. 

Looking forward to going to work for a rest and female conversation, great subject this week too, I'm hoping it'll help me survive the next few weeks

I can't remember what I have and haven't blogged having missed a few days, but I made muffins which were delicious, not as sweet as some would like but perfect for me and although man child had a whinge about the lack of sugar, he ate enough of them. Blueberry Oatmeal Greek Yogurt Muffins - Healthy Bluberry Muffins (frugalmomeh.com)  We've also been making our own smoothies, they're going down really well, all sorts going in, yogurt, blueberries, kiwi (with skin), actimel, milk, bananas, really tasty the are, makes plenty and as yet it's all been drunk.  I need to top up on fruit, will be getting frozen now I know he'll drink the smoothies.  Home made ones much better than shop bought because there's more of the whole fruit in them, we don't peel anything, except the bananas, it all goes in and they're quite thick and full of goodness.  

I've defrosted a chicken for dinner today, not sure what I'm doing it with yet, I'm not used to this thinking about what to eat malarkey, it's different when you've got to please others, see I'm starting to understand why all those moms out there struggle with taking care of themselves.  Although everyone eats the same in this house or they don't eat, unless they go make their own that is.  I'm going to cook some veggie fingers I think to see how they go down!  Yeah chicken, potatoes (because I have some need using up) and veggie fingers. 

How can I make spuds more interesting than mash?  I could roast them I guess, I need a fool proof delicious recipe for spuds, that make them irresistible. 

But for now I need to get ready for work, actually I'm ready, I'm dressed, my bags sorted, I've had a cuppa but I need some breakfast, so that's what I'm off to do next.

Let's enjoy the week, don't give up on being healthy, it's not Christmas yet, I don't want to hear "I'll see you again in January, I'm going to stop now for Christmas", A) it won't help you B) it defo won't help Elle and me1

Mwah, luv ya 

Love me xx


No comments: