Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 7 December 2021

Back to reality with a bang!

Tuesday 7th December 2021
Don't wait for January resolutions, change habits now!


That's the first time I've gone over a week without blogging since I started over a decade ago!  My life has changed beyond all recognition in the last 12 months and there are changes happening that I don't feel should be blogged about, only because they concern other people and unlike me, not everyone is happy to share their lives publicly with the world!

I think going forward I'll blog as and when and just be cautious of what I cover, it'll just take some adjusting which is something I've become very good at over the last few years.

I feel like I've been away for ages, but at the same time the week went quickly - does that even make any sense.  I'll be interested to see what the scales say this morning because I've done a cooked breakfast of bacon, sausage, beans, egg, mushrooms, tomatoes and toast every day, except one when I had fruit and yogurt.  I've also cooked a proper meal every night and we tended to skip lunch, or have a snack - damn those blooming peanuts, oh and the bottle of baileys that I nearly finished over the week - oops!

The good news is there will be a lot more fruit in this house going forward, we are getting seriously healthy and I know we will because when it's not about me, I take it more seriously - how mad is that! I was the same with mom, always made sure her needs were looked after and neglected my own. 

It was lovely to walk into a warm, tidy house yesterday, the tidy lasted less than ten minutes but hey!  Last supper was chippy shop, fish and chips, I left the batter and loads of chips, there was just too much, one bag would do 2 or 3 people when you're having a huge fish with it.  I reckoned they weren't yellow chips, but he insisted they were because he'd said yes to them when asked, I think they probably asked "plain or yellow chips" and he replied yes, or whatever he did say, they didn't understand him because his accent got thicker they longer he was back home in Ireland!

I've got a very, very busy week, lots of sorting things to be done.  My house suddenly seems tiny in comparison to the house we've just left.  I need to pick up Alfie's ashes from vets, that'll make me cry - AGAIN!  I keep having my moments, when I forget he's gone, I go to say something and remember and my heart hurts a little bit again. 

I pre-ordered a shop to be delivered this morning, lots of healthy stuff, plus I'm gonna use the fish and other food in the freezer, back to Ireland for Christmas so will try and save what we can by using what we've got and hope that Covid rules don't get changed and we get to go!

Right, I'm off to shower, so looking forward to catching up with Elle, Carol and the Owls, here's to a great day, it's a bit nippy out there this morning!

Mwah, luv ya 


Love me xx




No comments: