Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 4 April 2013

For anyone who's ever cried because they're FAT!

4th April 2013
“No one is in control of your happiness but you; therefore, you have the power to change anything about yourself or your life that you want to change.” – Barbara de Angelis
 Why – Why – Why do we let society dictate how we should look or feel, why do so many beautiful women feel ugly in their skin, it really does sadden me.  I was asked yesterday who I’d rather look like Julia Roberts or Cameron Diaz, my answer was neither,  like looking like me, I’m not perfect but I don’t want to be, if you look at either of those two ladies they’re not perfect either.  What they are is usually happy when you see them on screen, they’re obviously well groomed and made up, I do love that both of them seem to laugh and smile a lot and in my humble opinion it’s a smile and feeling confident and happy that really makes someone attractive.
Take Marilyn Monroe she didn’t have that so called 'perfect' sought after figure but both men and women adored her, it wasn’t just about her look, it was her infectious crazy personality they loved. 
I’ve blogged this before I know but when I talk to, listen to, enjoy the company of people I love and enjoy spending time with - seriously -  what they look like and what they weigh has absolutely nothing to do with it.
When you start to love yourself and accept your body, when you stop obsessing and good and bad food, right and wrong decisions and all those other things that go with the ‘diet mentality’ that doesn’t work, you will start to make better food decisions because you’ll be listening to your heart and not your mind.   Your heart will want to take care of you; your mind is usually too busy berating you for being overweight and not taking care of yourself. 
Overeating is just so easy isn’t it, you go in a shop to buy a hoodie (like I did yesterday) at the till they have raspberry liquorice, ooo haven’t had that for years if ever so you buy it, you may or may not look at the packet to see how many calories are in it (I did 700 ish in the bag), you may or may not bother to actually taste the liquorice as you eat it  (I did, it wasn’t as good as I hoped), you may or may not just eat the entire contents because it’s there, you’re not really thinking about what it tastes like or you feel guilty because you feel you shouldn’t have bought it anyway because you’re trying to lose weight and this really isn’t going to help that battle of the scales (I didn’t because I allow myself to have whatever I want and I make sure I taste it, when I did taste it, I realised it wasn’t up to much, I did carry on eating more for a little while out of habit and hunger then I put the bag away and gave them my mom when I got home because no longer do I do guilt or play the ‘diet mentality’ game).
I’m not stupid enough to truly believe ‘nothing tastes as good as being slim feels’ because it does in that moment, a fresh cream scone or a bowl of beef stew with a crusty slice of bread and butter, they taste better than anything on earth when you’re eating them.  It’s one of the pleasures in life food is but don’t let over doing it because one of the pains of life.  It’s about balance, it’s learning to trust yourself, to believe that you can be your own weight loss guru, what do I mean, how do you know when it’s ok to have seconds or a bigger portion.  Learn to listen to your bodies signals, learn the difference between actually being hungry and needing that bit more and just wanting that bit more.  Appreciate that sometimes it’s ok to want that bit more and to have it as long as you only do that occasionally.  It’s ok to have your tea all planned out then walk in and not fancy it like I did last night and have a slice of crusty bread with cheese on instead because we’re not always ‘hungry’ sometimes we just want to ‘eat’.
What I’m really trying to say in a roundabout kind of way because of some of the conversations I’ve had this week and the tears I’ve seen is “stop beating yourself with the shitty stick”  Go look in a mirror and see the ‘you’ others see, you really are gorgeous, beautiful and amazing. 
I’ll never be within that ‘healthy weight range’ the government say I should be, because for one I lie a little about my height and two because I don’t want to be 10st or less!  I just don’t, I’m ok with that decision, no one ever looks at me and tells me I’m fat and to be honest if they did, I’d say “yeah I know, thanks for that clarity!”  Why because I’m a Happy O.W.L. (yes I’m a Happy Over Weight Lady), I’m not unfit or unhealthy, heck I got 25,806 steps on my pedometer yesterday and earned 10pp, so I’m not a lazy bitch by any stretch of the imagination.  You can be healthy at any weight, you can also be happy at any weight and by being both you usually find you start to lose weight, because yes food is delicious and we do like to eat it but when we’re happy and taking care of ourselves we don’t tend to overeat so much because we are doing other things.
Have a BeYouTiful Day & always, always Eat Gorgeous, it’ll help you get happy. xx

No comments: