Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 20 February 2013

How big are your breasts and other things to ponder!

20th February 2013
Big journeys begin with small steps
 
I’ve only done it, managed a full week of honest tracking!  Yep, all written down and ProPointed accurately and I’m actually within my ProPoints allowance which is the most surprising thing.  When I decided to do it, staying within my allowance wasn’t my priority, being honest with myself was and focusing on eating nice enjoyable food, moving more and getting a balance.  So I’ve earned and consumed 49pp Activity ProPoints on my pedometer, of course I used everyone of my dailies, then I have 4pp left out of my weeklies, so in all I’ve had 276pp this last week.  Weigh day isn’t till tomorrow so we shall wait and see if it’s helped me with my weight loss, I’d be more than happy with a pound, anything that means the scales aren’t going up is okay with me.
 
If I found a eating/moving/living/weight loss plan as easy to follow as I’ve found it this week, I’d have it sussed but there’d probably be no blog and I’d have to find another way to earn a living because I just wouldn’t understand why everyone else didn’t!  Luckily or not depending on how you look at it, I don’t always find it this easy, but I have learned a few things that will hopefully help me over the coming weeks/months.  The sunshine and the lighter mornings/nights definitely helps, I have no control over them so I have to make the most of them when there are here.  Planning my meals and writing a shopping list has helped enormously because it means I only have so much food in the house, I have an idea of what I’m going to cook even if I don’t stick to it 100% and my excitement of food is put into the planning and cooking rather than the overeating!  
 
This week I’m going to look again at my routines, I already wear my pedometer everything day, so I’m going to add two more as the Weight Watchers website recommends I work on three, so I’m thinking that ones easy so I’m only working on two – the first will be to always have a snack to hand because last night at my meeting was the first night I was tempted to eat unplanned, luckily I had a banana with me.  My other one is going to be to eat an enjoyable breakfast everyday that I want to eat, as this is the meal I find most effort.  Yesterday’s breakfast was delicious, I got my George Foreman out and cooked mushrooms and 2 slices of streaky bacon, then put that on a Warburton wrap with a bit of cheese folded it in half and placed back under the foreman, tasted like a panini – I could easily look forward to one of those every day, yes it was 10pp but it was delicious too.
I made my 40 cloves of garlic chicken with the breast – it worked, I also added a red pepper, ½ leek and a courgette which gave even more flavour, then just half hour before it was cooked I through on some baby asparagus tips and they cooked through, it was delicious when it first came out of the oven, I wouldn’t recommend reheating it though.
 
In the same oven I used my leftover vegetable to make a potato layer bake, 750g potato (15pp) and 6 oxos (2pp), 2 carrots, 1 courgette, ½ leeks, 1 onion, 1 red pepper, 1 green pepper, the tips of the baby asparagus.  I sliced and layered it all then crumbled the oxo in about a pint and half of boiling water and baked in oven on very low for hours.  Today I’m going to reheat it, then top with cheese and grill before serving, even if I had 15pp worth of cheese it’ll still only be an 8pp per serving meal (serves 4).  Will let you know if it was tasty or not!
 
My sister bless her has developed a bit of a crush on cauliflower at the moment and yesterday she made cheesy cauliflower pancakes, I have to say there were good and I’d eat them again, I’d easily have them for breakfast even, great way to get veggies eaten, and you could add more flavour by adding any herbs and spices you like.
Cheesy Cauliflower Pancakes – Makes 8 pancakes for 10pp!
2 pancakes = 3pp
4 pancakes = 5pp
35g panko 3pp
50g grated mozzarella 3pp
2 med eggs 4pp
small/med cauliflower
Sprinkle of paprika
salt & pepper
Spray oil (1pp)

Cut cauliflower into florets & steam over boiling water until tender about 10 minutes. Drain. Mash the cauliflower while still warm. Stir cheese, eggs, panko, salt & pepper to taste.

Coat the bottom of a frying pan with olive oil over medium-high heat. Form the cauliflower mixture into patties about 3 inches across. Cook until golden brown & set, about 3 minutes per side. Keep each batch warm in the oven while you cook the rest.

Here’s to a fabulous day, eating gorgeous and enjoying life, I’m off to spend 15 minutes with my journal and a cup of tea, I’ve got to plan my coming week and review the past week.
 
One last thought for the day, and a reminder of how 100% honest accurate tracking can make a huge difference, the average chicken breast according to the pocket guide is 4pp (165g) yesterday I had these two in the same pack, one is 6pp, the other is 3pp - how big are your breasts!
 
 
Enjoy your day xx

No comments: