Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 28 June 2010

Monday Morning

I've missed doing my blog, I used to have my own website www.bevsworld.co.uk but for one reason and another I had to close it down and I've missed it, because it used to be my way of offloading and clearing my head. So I'll use this blog instead for whatever I wish, my website was mainly for my slimming club but this is gonna be for me to talk about my life and my thoughts. It doesn't matter if its never read ;-)

Monday morning and feeling fine, isn't life great! I've had a lovely weekend the weather is awesome and life really is good. Yesterday me and Alfie (my 23 week old Shih Tzu) went for an early morning stroll, he almost escaped and I had to rugby tackle him to the ground grazing my knee (it stings like hell today). Then I finished painting the front gate so that I could put the netting back up to stop him escaping again.

After my Sunday activity of painting and walking I went and sat up the garden on my new chairs and read my book drinking a huge glass of water which was on my new table, on of my helpers Tracey gave them to me and they're actually for indoors but as they're made from metal and my house isn't big enough we've decided to make it garden furniture.

I've eaten healthly all weekend, and yesterday really enjoyed cooking a meal for the first time in a long time, made a creamy risotto and it was delicious, here's the recipe.

Creamy mushroom risotto – serves 2 – 4pts per serving

2 sprays of Weight Watcher oil spray (1pt)
100g risotto rice (5pts)
300ml hot vegetable stock
175g chopped mushrooms
1 carrot diced small
1 courgette diced small
1 clove garlic, crushed
60g low fat soft cheese (1½pts)
a handful of roughly chopped fresh parsley
freshly ground pepper

Spray saucepan once with oil spray, add the rice and gently fry over medium heat for 2 minutes or until lightly golden. Gradually add stock and 150ml of hot water, then bring to the boil. Simmer for 20m or until tender and all the liquid is absorbed. Add a little more water if required during cooking.

Spray frying pan with oil spray and add the carrot, courgette and mushrooms and garlic. Fry for 4-5m, until starting to brown.

Stir the soft cheese into the cooked rice. If the mixture is too thick add a little skimmed milk. Remove the rice from the heat and stir in the mushrooms, parsley and black pepper to taste. Serve immediately.


We (mom and me) watched Michael Jacksons "This is It", I've never been a fan but I really enjoyed seeing him as himself, not just reading about him. Highly recommend you watch it, such a shame he never got to perform the tour because it would have been absolutely awesome.

It's 8.30 and I've got to go to work now, but I'm glad I've started blogging again, I know I'm going to enjoy it.

No comments: