Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 30 June 2010

30th June 2010 facebook email

Everyone loves to be loved. Mark Spitz

Yay Alfie didn’t wake me up in the early hours so I’ve slept in till 5.15am, excellent! I’m also still on track with my diet, which is a super bonus, another great day yesterday, cooked a lovely meal for lunch photo and recipe on my blog.

I was chatting with a friend yesterday via Skype and she made my day by telling me "you really change and effect peoples lives with your sunshine" How lovely is that, so today make it your mission to make someone’s day in any way possible, it could be a nice remark or it could be by doing something helpful. Speaking of which, I know I’ve mentioned it before, but I have to say I could not cope without my helpers, I love my job but it would be physically impossible to do without all my wonderful ladies helping me. They put themselves out and help me out in my other meetings too when I’m short and last night Jodie was a godsend, she isn’t officially a helper she’d come with her mom and wasn’t stopping but because I was short she stayed and handed the cards out for me all night, so she’s my star of the week as there was only 4 of us and 75 members which would have been awful! Becky walked in half way through and helped me weigh so I was relieved to see her too!

We’re all doing well with the weight loss in meetings too, so far this week we’ve lost 274lb which is awesome, last night one of my members Michael got yet another silver seven that’s his 17th! He’s lost a staggering 120lb so far, if my memory serves me well he’s my 3rd biggest loser to date after Becky and Heather, but I have a feeling he’s set to be my number 1 as he still has more to lose and he’s so focused.

So we’ve all decided to lose weight and change our habits, the secret is to change one habit at a time by making small changes. Here’s today’s habit changing tip;

Stop Punishing Yourself - Don’t beat yourself up for having unhealthy habits. Guilt and shame are poor motivators. Instead, congratulate yourself for recognizing the need to change and wanting to improve. I too often hear words such as disgusted, disappointed, angry when members take about how they feel about the eating behaviour, this really won’t ever help you lose weight. What reaction do you think that would have on a child if when it didn’t get something right the first time you told them you were disgusted with them? Not a positive reaction I’m sure!

So celebrate and record your successes, your feelings and your ‘a-ha’ moment. Every time you make a better health choice, exercise and say no to something that you know can derail your diet, congratulate yourself, record it and reward yourself by letting yourself feel good about it.

Any small success is worthy of a pat on the back and perhaps a little reward. Don't hold off on self-congratulations until you reach your total weight goal. Reward yourself for each major step toward your goal and of course I don’t mean with food or drink, something else such as a magazine, or a book or something to wear.

We’re talking about moving more in my meetings this week and the exercise of the moment appears to be Zhumba, it’s everywhere and everyone’s trying it. A lot of you are interested but don’t know what to expect, well a member last night gave me the solution to that problem, she does it in the house following a You Tube video – genius! So here’s one I’ve found for you to take a peek at but if you search there’s lots more http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vf0q6qtThF4

And this is a clip about Zumba on the today show
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5Hxw_Jf2B4

Go on give it a go you know you want to!

Remember Life Starts NOW!

Are you living yet :-)

No comments: