Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 29 June 2010

29th June 2010 todays facebook email

Never look down on anybody unless you're helping them up. Jesse Jackson

Good morning did you know there’s 3pts in a Wagon Wheel! That was my moment of indulgence last night, what made me crave such a thing when I don’t normally eat chocolate, well I think it had something to do with the skinny bird I’d seen walking with her boyfriend eating a BOX of Maltesers! Yes a BOX not just a packet and she was no more than a size 8 – where is the justice in that – it was either the wagon wheel or mounting the pavement and running her over ;-) Only joking – honest, it does make you think though doesn’t it, how come some seem to eat what they want and others have to watch every mouthful when according to scientists a pound of fat is equivalent to 3,500 calories and we are what we eat – blah blah blah – whatever! The skinny bird didn’t look like a round ball of chocolate to me

Having said all that I’m in a fab mood this morning, I lost 2.5lb yesterday at my weigh in which I was thrilled with, I’m getting closer to getting back to my goal, 7lbs off and 9lbs to go with 10 weeks to do it. I know I can and I will do it because I’m back in the zone. Even with the Chocolate wagon wheel last night I still only ate 18pts yesterday so I’m chuffed that I managed to keep it in check.

Last night I made a beef stir fry just by using beansprouts, pepper, mushrooms, spring onion, Asda’s quick fry beef steak that’s on offer 3 packs for a tenner, teriyaki sauce and soy sauce and very tasty it was too for 4pts, although mine was probably 3 after giving Alfie some of the beef. I know you shouldn’t share your food with dogs, but hey ho, he’s my dog and I only share good food with him, I wouldn’t give him junk.

I realised yesterday that I missed my website Bev’s World that I used to do and had to close down so yesterday I started my own blog, it’s my way of doing a journal but its online, it’s the ramblings of a happy middle-aged woman ;) and because it’s for me I can write whatever I like, it’s not just going to be about dieting like before. I enjoy writing and find it therapeutic, so this way I get to write what I want, when I want and it helps to clear my head, I may not use it every day but it will be there when I’m in the mood to write. It also means I haven’t got to be on facebook to do it, I can email my entries from my mobile which is cool and photos, videos etc are easier to upload. So if you’re ever bored and wonder what goes on in my head, check it out http://wwbevsworld.blogspot.com/ It also means those on facebook will still be able to read my daily emails because I’ll upload them to the blog.

Last night when I left my meeting after a crazy busy night because we were short staffed and the room is so warm, I realised as I was driving home how much I love my work, every one of my meetings has a different quality to it and Monday nights is such a laugh, my members really get me and each other and we all leave on a high. How many people get to say its fun to go to work!

So today I was going to give you a list of 21 ways to change a habit, but instead I’m going to drip feed them ideas to you one at a time so you actually think about each one, because I know that if you’re anything like me you’ll skim over the list, nod in the right places then continue with your day and do nothing.

So the first tip is to eliminate “I’ll try” From Your Vocabulary - When we say, “I tried,” in the past tense, it means we have failed at reaching a goal. Likewise, saying “I’ll try” is a way of excusing ourselves from doing the hard work of accomplishing whatever it is we are setting out to do. When you make a commitment or promise to yourself or others, say instead, “I will do it!”

Yesterday I heard the words “I’ll try” quite a few time so instead of saying “I’ll try” add a bit of UPMH and say “I’ll triumph”, that’s much more likely to get you going this week. Here’s to a fantastic day of tracking and triumph – are you with me!

Remember Life Starts NOW!

Are you living yet :-)

No comments: