Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 14 July 2023

Every day doesn't have to be a 'perfect' day

Friday 14th July 2023
Here's to Day 19 of tracking


Well yesterday was an epic fail in staying within my daily allowance but it was a success because I tracked every mouthful!  What went wrong?   It all started with my desire for a sausage sandwich....

All I wanted was a couple of slices of medium bread and sausages, nothing too difficult but cafes use thick bread - yak and Greggs for some reason give you the choice of baguette or cob/roll whatever you call them.  I decided in the end to have the Greggs baguette, so off I walked from the huddle and when I got to the counter I said to the chap, 'you don't do sausage sandwiches do you?' to which he smiled and said, "yeah I can do you a sausage sandwich", well, to say I was pleased was an understatement.  Oh the joy was short lived as I noticed him putting sausage on a roll!  I hadn't the heart to tell him that wasn't a sandwich so I paid and took it.  Greggs call that a Breakfast Sausage Sandwich Roll apparently and it's 353 calories.  Normally their sausages are good but these were small and mediocre, to say I was disappointment well gutted - I know I'm dramatic. 

I decided I would have sausage and mash for my dinner, the Co-op do lovely sausages so I nipped over when I got back from the huddles and bought some, threw the sausage in the actifry whilst peeling the spuds.  Got distracted and was just about to check my spuds when I looked at the actifry, 2 minutes left, I knew before I opened the lid, they were overcooked!  The Ninja defaults to 20 minutes unless you change it and of course I hadn't, so yeah they were too far gone :( the sausage gods were against me.  Hah but I'd bought two packets because they were 2 for £5, I wasn't going to be defeated so I started again and thankfully the second time I succeeded and my dinner was delicious.

I had already eaten 2 of those overcooked sausages though whilst I was waiting for these ones to cook - DOH!

Later Carol and I decided to have a too good to go bag from the Coop on the Turnberry, £3.30 for £10 worth of stuff - that was another mistake, mine contained a 400g white loaf, a tomato and mozzarella pasta ready meal, a Gingster chicken and mushroom slice,  toffee yogurt and cocktail sausage.  Carol's was similar but the slice was replaced by a pork pie and the bread by soda bread rolls.    None of it 'healthy' really and guess who inhaled the Gingster slice when she got home - yep more calories wasted.

A truly heavy carb day for me, I couldn't fill myself up, but today is a new day and a fresh clean slate.  I'm going to cook something delicious so I don't want to carb up!  I'm actually thinking scrambled eggs and tomato for breakfast, then I need to think about dinner.  I fancy some sardines in tomato sauce, mmm but for dinner I have wraps that need using, there's also beef mince from the Gousto meal I didn't cook, I could make that still, spiced beef kofta, I just don't fancy it.  I might make burritos for Aryn with them, he likes those, can use all the spices from the Gousto meal just not add the onion as he doesn't like them anyway and I used them in my onion gravy yesterday :) 

A few people have said how nice the curry looked the other day, here's the recipe Cambodian Chicken & Mango Curry | Gousto and if you do fancy trying the boxes, here's the link 

I'm ready for a better food day, I've got my pain relief session later, but this morning I'm going to do some serious housework, the kitchen worktops can't be seen for clutter!  I am a messy bird.

Have a great day, YAY it's Friday! 

Mwah, luv ya 

Love me xx 

No comments: