Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 22 September 2017

Slow dance anyone..

22nd September 2017
The best view comes after the hardest climb.

Morning folks, I’m late blogging because I’ve already done a couple of hours work and fed and watered mom, gotta get it all done when the old brains fresh, plus my house needs a tidy this morning, saving the big clean till Monday, even got back up coming in!

One of my lovely members told me I looked ‘knackered’ last night – she was right, I did, it has been quite a fortnight, having said that, it’s short term, it’s all been worth it and sometimes you have to go about and beyond to help others out and get stuff done.  Teamwork makes the dream work it does!

I will mostly be doing a lot less this weekend, Sunday I’m doing nothing, and I may even turn my phone off!  I need to turn off and relax and I’m going to practice what I preach, you can’t pour from an empty jug and mine definitely needs refilling.

How relevant is this poem that one of my members just this minute posted on my Facebook timeline saying “this poem was one of the handouts you gave out in my first ever class with you and something I’ve never forgot”  That would have been about 12 years ago and it’s even more relevant today than it was then, have a read;

Slow Dance
Have you ever watched kids on a merry-go-round,
or listened to rain slapping the ground?

Ever followed a butterfly's erratic flight,
or gazed at the sun fading into the night?

You better slow down, don't dance so fast,
time is short, the music won't last.


Do you run through each day on the fly,
when you ask "How are you?", do you hear the reply?

When the day is done, do you lie in your bed,
with the next hundred chores running through your head?

You better slow down, don't dance so fast,
time is short, the music won't last.


Ever told your child, we'll do it tomorrow,
and in your haste, not see his sorrow?

Ever lost touch, let a friendship die,
'cause you never had time to call and say hi?

You better slow down, don't dance so fast,
time is short, the music won't last.


When you run so fast to get somewhere,
you miss half the fun of getting there.

When you worry and hurry through your day,
it's like an unopened gift thrown away.

Life isn't a race, so take it slower,
hear the music before your song is over.


David L Weatherford

On that note, I’m slowing down by signing off this morning, I have other things I need and want to do and I don’t want to have to rush to get them done. 

Enjoy your day BeYOUtiful, call that friend you haven’t spoken to in a while because you’re both so busy surviving your own crazy worlds.

No comments: