Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Sunday 12 February 2017

What a mess!



12th February 2017
The space in which we live should be for the person we are becoming now, not the person we were in the past

We talked about decluttering in meetings this week, tidy house, tidy mind and all that, so I'm going to spend the next month or two doing just that.  The weathers rubbish at the moment and moms not great so I don't wanna go too far anyway, therefore I'm going to make use of this time, to declutter, sort, lose some weight ready for the summer and get my act together!

Here's some questions to ask yourself to help you declutter if you fancy joining me in this task;

1) Is this item something I use regularly?
2) If not, is it something I love?
3) Am I keeping this out of obligation or expectation?
4) Am I holding onto this because I think I should love it?
5) Am I saving this just in case?
6) Do I have multiples of the same thing?
7) Could something else I own do the same job?
8) Am I hoping onto a broken object to fix one day?
9) If the item worth the time spend cleaning/storing it?
10) Could I use this space for something else?

Cut down your wardrobe by asking yourself this one question "If I were shopping right this second, would I buy this?  If the answer is no, out it goes. 

Actually you can ask that question of everything in your house!  It's got to be a quick way to declutter, then you just need to decide whether it needs binning or donating.  Either way, it's out of your house.  You could even do a car boot sale or sell it on Shpock which is a buying/selling app apparently. 

Eventually I'm going to get round to sorting through my paperwork too, all those insurances, bills, you know the sort of thing.  I think I'm going to get a box with 2017 on it and put everything that arrives in the mail this year that I have to keep, then next year as new stuff arrives, the old one can be removed and thrown away.

My pc just froze and shut me out, I lost half my blog so I've had to try and remember what I had written, maybe that's its way of saying my pc needs a declutter too!  I'll add it to the to do list.

I feel like I'm able to do this today because I had a fantastic afternoon with my girls, we enjoyed good food and lots of giggles, making more wonderful memories.  I then spend a lovely chilled out evening with my mom before having an early night.   All without alcohol - go me :) I'm all recharged and ready for action.

Okay then, where to begin, especially when you feel completely overwhelmed by your messy house - I know that's how I usually feel as I look round at it and it usually ends with me making a cup of tea, sitting down in front of the tele and thinking sod it.  I sit there thinking it's impossible, even when I tidy up, it's a mess again within hours, what's the point.  Now though, today anyway, I'm thinking if there's less stuff in the house, there's less mess you can make.  Sounds good in my head.  We need to remind ourselves, the mess wasn't created in a day, and it won't be sorted out in one either.  Break it down, do half hour a day without distraction, start with the visual stuff so at least it looks tidier, then move onto those drawers and cupboards where everything is shoved out the way and hidden! 

We can do this, heck I'm on day 12 of Dry for Dementia - if I can do that, we can do anything BeYOUtiful - we got this.

Let's get tidy, clear the visible clutter and you'll be amazed at how the mental clutter starts to clear too I reckon.




No comments: