Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 21 February 2017

No Counts working...



21st February 2017
You are what you do, not what you say you'll do.

Monday's should be my day off but my massage got cancelled so I ended up working till nearly lunchtime, doing bits and bobs - it's very easy to get carried away in my office.    I went to bed with a headache and I've woke up with one so I think we can safely say it's a migraine!  My eyes went all funny last night too, I've never had that before but mom told me yeah it sounded like a migraine - YAY!  I've took a couple of paracetamol so here's hoping it knocks the edge off or it wears off soon as.

Other than that yesterday was a good day, breakfast was eggy ham crumpets topped with a bit of Weight Watcher grated cheese from my weekly allowance, beans, mushrooms and tomato.
That kept me full for hours and I wasn't overly hungry when I did eat, plus mom didn't want anything so I had a jacket potato topped with Asda sweet chilli shredded beef (yes it's No Count), cottage cheese and asparagus. 
Didn't eat again because of the headache and early night.  Going to drink lots and lots of water today just in case dehydration has anything to do with it.  I'm noticing I'm not thinking about 'what can I eat next' so much the last weekend, is that No Count working its magic?

I'm fancying meat kebabs today, I have some chicken chunks in the fridge, if I nip and get some onions and peppers, that'll be a tasty easy meal on a bed of brown rice or in a pitta bread.   With a side of coleslaw, nice, I can pretend it's summer and I'm enjoying a summer type meal. 

I also fancy frittata, I have lots of potato to use up too, if I cut my blog short, I've got time to go cut up a couple of spuds and get one made.  Plus my brain ain't working quite yet anyway, I've not got a lot going on up there just yet, but on a positive my head feels better than it did when I first got out of bed.

I'll give you a couple of No Count recipe ideas to fill the page;

Grilled red pepper hummus
F&H or total recipe 8sp

2 large red peppers
1 398g chick peas, drained (8sp)
2 garlic cloves, crushed
Juice of 1 lemon
Salt & pepper

Optional;
1tbsp freshly chopped mint
A good pinch of cayenne pepper
Lemon wedges, to serve

Place red peppers under a preheated hot grill and cook for about 8-10mins, turning frequently, until blistered and slightly charred.  Peel the skin off the peppers and remove and discard the seeds and cores.  Chop the flesh roughly and place in a blender with the drained chick peas, garlic, lemon juice and seasoning, and blend until slightly coarse.  Check the seasoning and transfer to a serving bowl.
Optional: Sprinkle with a dusting of mint and cayenne if required, and serve with lemon wedges.

Beef Chilli Fry
serves 1 – 14sp

200g frying steak cut into strips  
200g tomato puree
 2 tsps curry powder
1 tsp chilli powder                                                         
1 tsp garam masala
1 beef oxo                                                                      
1 onion sliced

Brown onion in spray oil.  Set aside.  Cook steak in spray oil.  Set aside.  Combine tomato puree, curry, chilli, garam masala & oxo in a pan with half a pint of water.  Bring to a simmer stirring all the time.  Add beef & onions and cook through.

Okay that's me for today, I'm off for a cuppa and another pint of water, here's to making Tuesday tremendous - we can do this, remember to say YES to Success BeYOUtiful!

1 comment:

Deb Hill said...

�� xx