Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Saturday 18 February 2017

Looking forward to being weighed by my boss (for a change!)



18th February 2017
Never boring, always awesome - make that you!


Another No Count day in the bag, I get weighed by my boss today at our area meeting! Eek ;) Actually not eek, I feel really in control of my food and my eating this week, having my 3 meals and not really thinking about food outside that. 

Breakfast yesterday was a huge hit;


I found me a dish that would fit crumpets, I wanted to do 1 in each dish but nothing was the right size so I found a gratin dish that held 2 crumpets. I put the 2 crumpets in the bottom, then in a jug I chopped up mushrooms, tomatoes, spring onions, bacon medallions and some leftover asparagus from last night's dinner (basically anything you have to hand that's No Count. I mixed it all up with 2 eggs and poured the mixture over the crumpets. Topped with 2sp of Weight Watchers grated cheese (weekly allowance) and popped in the oven for about half hour on gas mark 5 whilst I got on with doing something else.  The result was really tasty.
Lunch was a much easier affair, I wanted some veggies and some brown rice, I was thinking about my digestive system!  No drinking alcohol has had an affect on that and not in a great way.  I did me a plate of veggie egg fried rice, it was delicious, I even used some of my weeklies and added 4sp of butter to give it a bit of umph.  It really tasted much better than it looked and without being too informative, it worked on my system too :)
Dinner last night was quick and easy, I used that cupboard concoction mince thing I made the other day and had a cottage(ish) pie with peas, no cooking needed just warming up in the microwave which is what you need at the end of a busy day.

Now and again I like to do an internet search for something and this morning it was the benefits of not drinking alcohol because as yet I'm not feeling them!  I did however find this line in one of the articles and I love it;

"I don't think I'll ever find a faster, better way to relax than having a glass of red wine. Then again, I don't think I'll ever again have the effortless blond curls I did as a toddler. Oh, well. Being a grown-up is hard."

How very, very true, not the effortless blond curls bit, the "Oh, well.  Being a grown-up is hard".  Yep it is and if it was something we all accepted a little bit more, life would be easy to survive and cope with I think.

Now I was thinking about a McDonalds dinner after my area meeting last - we've been talking eating out all week and it's made me want it all, maccy's, Chinese, Indian - all of it.  However I've just realised and accepted if I want some more weight loss this month, I'd rather give them a miss.  Don't get me wrong I know I can eat out and lose weight, I did it last week Pizza Hut and a 3 course meal at the crown, but not this week, this week I'm doing No Count, I have a fridge full of food and I really don't need to be eating out for no real reason. 

Instead I'm going to be having myself fakeaways, I'll make myself a burger later, ooo I need a jar of gherkins and a lettuce to do it properly, I can stop on the way home.  Then I think tomorrow I'm going to make me a curry or some tandoori chicken - or both.  See, that's being a grown up, a little harder than thinking "sod it, I'll have a takeaway" but so much more rewarding when I see those numbers go down on the scales when I get officially weighed at my weekly weigh in on Monday.

Are you up for being a grown up this weekend BeYOUtiful?  I am because I want to see results on the scales for the rest of this month - staying Focused in February!

No comments: