Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Saturday 14 January 2017

Giggles burn calories, laugh more!



14th January 2017
Supporting another's success won't ever dampen yours.

I don't know how I ever lived without a dressing gown!  It's the first thing I grab in a morning, and yet for 45 years of my life I thought they were only needed for hospital stays, now it's my most prized possession.  On really cold days I put the hood up, it's not a pretty sight!

Another cracking good meeting last night, over five stone lost at Essington by those amazing members, we also had a good chat in the meeting, I do love a good meeting, it's where the magic happens.

My poor lovely mom is in so much pain with her hip, seems worse since she was man-handled into the xray machine, she screamed in pain this morning at 4am as she tried to move in bed :( going to see if doc can give anything stronger painkiller wise on Monday and hope they've had the results back by then, they said 7-10 days, that'll be 7.

One of my members asked me about a recipe yesterday which was 15sp each, I've found her a similar Weight Watcher version for half that, thought I'd share it with you too, this would be nice served with broccoli.  Then you could add some rice for extra points or cauliflower rice.  Talking of cauliflower rice I tried doing it again yesterday and adding other stuff, that wasn't such a success, I'll stick with it just as rice and onions, I wasn't so keen on it with all the other stuff in.

Beef in oyster sauce Serves: 2, 7sp per serving
Preparation time: 30 minutes (includes marinating) Cooking time: approximately 6 minutes

350g (12oz) lean steak (7sp for rump)
2 tsp light soy sauce
2 tsp dry sherry or rice wine
2 tsp cornflour (1sp)
2 tsp oil (3sp)
3 tbsp homemade chicken or beef stock
3 tbsp oyster sauce (3sp)

Garnish:
4 tbsp spring onions finely chopped,
coriander leaves,
chilli
strips of radish.

Slice the steak across the grain into 5cm (2’’) lengths.   Blend the soy sauce, sherry and cornflour together, toss the meat thoroughly and leave to marinate for 20 minutes.   Heat the oil in the wok, until it is almost smoking, add the steak and stir-fry for 1 minute – remove and drain. 

Wipe the wok clean, add the stock and oyster sauce, bring to the boil, &return the beef to the wok and stir over a moderate heat for 2 minutes.  Arrange the meat on a serving plate, spoon over the sauce, sprinkle with spring onions, radish strips and serve immediately garnished with a halved chilli.  Serve with rice or chips – don’t forget to add the extra points.

We've had another layer of snow here in the night, I've been out and thankfully it's the soft kind that's melting and not the icy kind, it'll be gone in no time, the main roads are clear I can see from my window.

Now I've woke up thinking I'll cook this afternoon, I don't normally bother on a Saturday, usually tired after a busy week and my massage but I'm going to ask for oils to give me some get up and go, I'm fancying the chicken meatballs and cauliflower mash, then tomorrow I can do the butternut squash lasagne.  My fridge is heaving!   I managed No Count yesterday, I did have crumpets twice but I won't buy any now for a week or so, curry beans on them last night, love them.  Fakeaway donor kebab in a Weight Watcher pitta for lunch, I do love the Smart Points plan.

What can I say, I like eggs ;) it's not a bad plan is it!


Breakfast this morning, I'm thinking heck sausage sarnie, nom nom and another mug of tea, this one's almost empty.  Let's make this weekend matter, getting our healthy on, focusing on the happy because there is always some happy in your life if you look.  Mom and I had a real chuckle yesterday in the car, when I said to her;
"you're in pain ain't ya mom" and she replied  "yeah, I try not to moan", I couldn't resist and answered with "you're failing at that a bit at the moment" we both burst into laughter, had a quick cuddle which isn't easy in a car, then laughed all the way up the road.  If my mom can raise a chuckle when she's in as much pain as she is, then we all can.

Here's to a sensational Saturday BeYOUtiful, we've got this nailed!

No comments: