Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 13 January 2017

Food glorious food!



13th January 2017
No beauty shines brighter than that of a good heart.
Morning folks, the white stuff has fallen at my house, it doesn't need to stay - we've seen it now, it can go!  I have folk to weigh later, they want to be able to come and see how awesome they've done on those scales, because that's what's happening this week, some amazing weight loss totals.

Bloxwich shed almost 24 stone yesterday on my scales, that's an incredible amount of weight, don't panic if you haven't lost this week, not everyone has.  Let's be honest it takes a bit of getting back into for some of us, Christmas is still catching up on some of us, others are trying to use the food they bought because, well one they don't like waste and two they're skint so can't afford to buy more!  Don't compare your results to others, we're all on a different journey.

I know I won't be getting a weight loss Monday, I'd be very surprised if I do, I'm eating really good meals but it's the extra bits, I haven't tracked since Tuesday, that's lethal!  I'll track from today - I promise, it does make a difference, I know it does, it stops me sneaking back in the kitchen after I've eaten my tea for that small crust of the loaf with a cheesy triangle on!  I'm also going to throw away the last few crackers - I can't eat what isn't there!

Thursdays is always a very busy day for me, so when you add into it an extra task, it gets crazy, so yesterday I spent a good hour sorting a problem with technology which is when I would usually have stopped to eat, I considered grabbing something quick and then thought no, I've got the ingredients and I've planned to make Toad in the hole and I'm going to take the time to do it, something else can wait.  I'm so glad I did, it was delicious, even mom licked her plate, it took 15 minutes to get it all prepped and in the oven, then I left it for half hour and came back and served up, well worth the effort.  Page 18 of the free Smart Start booklet that's being handed out in meetings this month.


I've got another delivery coming today, the beauty of this delivery pass is I can have smaller deliveries, so on my to eat list now is;

Butternut squash lasagne
Chicken meatballs with cauliflower mash (recipe below)
Chicken, bacon & sweetcorn pie (next week's meeting recipe card!)
Authentic minced meat qeema
Liver & onions

Then at last night's meeting Beetroot risotto was added to it along with something else that I've forgotten, it's okay though it's written on the back of my notes in the car so I will know what it was.  That's what I love about meetings, coming away with ideas!   That and the wit from my members, when we were talking about what they love about meetings, one said "The Coach", I was all, "ah thanks, that's lovely" and she said, "No, I meant the coach we all just go off that bought us here" made me chuckle, they are cheeky!

Before I cook anything I'm going to make Fakeaway Donor Kebab http://happyowls.co.uk/Recipes/RecipesDinner/DonorKebab.html as Bonnie wants me to video making it so she knows how to do it.  I'll make sure the area is safe this time so no one gets hurt ;-)

Yep, here's to some amazing meals, food is my passion after all!  I better get to it, another mug of tea I think, followed by a bit of breakfast, some paperwork then my order should arrive and I can sort the kitchen and cook.

Have a fabulous Friday folks, get your healthy on, focus on your happy and brace that weather, you can do it, you're BeYOUtiful.

Here's another recipe for you;

Chicken meatballs with cauliflower mash
Swap the beef for leaner chicken in these scrummy meatballs. The creamy paprika sauce makes it a perfect winter warmer
Ready in 55 minutes, plus chilling time, Cooking time 45 minutes, Prep time 10 minutes
Serves 4, 5sp per serving
1 large onion
2 garlic cloves
460g chicken breasts, roughly chopped (4sp)
1 tsp dried mixed herbs
200g mushrooms, roughly chopped
1 large egg, lightly beaten (2sp)
2 large cauliflowers, roughly cut into florets
100g baby leaf spinach
olive oil spray (use spray light or if using olive oil spray 1sp per tsp)
1 tbsp smoked paprika
150ml chicken stock, made with half a stock cube
200ml half-fat sour cream (9sp)
1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped to serve
25g flaked almonds, toasted (5sp)
Roughly chop half the onion, setting the other aside for the sauce. Bash both garlic cloves and add one to a food processor along with the chopped onion, chicken, dried herbs and mushrooms. Pulse until well combined.
Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas mark 4. Tip the chicken mixture into a bowl along with the egg and mix well. Using slightly damp hands, shape into 12 meatballs, then put in the fridge to chill.

Bring a large pan of water to the boil and add the cauliflower. Boil for 10-12 minutes until tender, then drain well and mash with seasoning. Stir through the spinach and set aside to keep warm.

Lightly spritz a non-stick frying pan with the olive oil spray and brown the meatballs all over for 2-3 minutes (you may have to do this in batches). Place the browned meatballs on to a lined baking tray and bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes until cooked through.
Meanwhile, make the sauce. Finely slice the other half of the onion and cook for 3-4 minutes until just tender in the same pan used for the meatballs. Finely chop the remaining garlic clove and add to the pan, cooking for another minute.
Sprinkle over the smoked paprika and stir until well combined. Pour in the stock and bring to the boil, then simmer. Stir in the sour cream.
Serve the meatballs on a bed of mash, then spoon on the sauce and sprinkle with parsley and almonds.


No comments: