Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Saturday 5 November 2016

Weekend - Let's have ya!

5th November 2016
You are confined only by the walls you build yourself

Morning, well I've just messed about on Pinterest for half hour I didn't have looking at recipes I won't cook!  But I did find one I will be making, even if it is high in Smart Points, that's the beauty of the plan, you can!  It works out lower if you use a leaner cut of lamb and you could bring it down even lower by using braising steak (500g = 14sp), or chicken breast (500g = 4sp) but I think I might use the lamb as I haven't cooked any in quite a while. 

Slow Cooker Lamb Tagine

19sp per serving using neck or 16sp per serving using leg

Slow Cooker Lamb Tagine is a great Moroccan slow cooked lamb dish that is perfect for a horrible winter's day!

Serves
4
Difficulty
Easy
Prep Time
30 minutes
Cooking Time
about 6 hours on medium

Olive oil (4sp per tablespoon)
500g lamb neck (38sp) or similar, diced (lean lamb leg steak = 26sp)
1 onion, roughly chopped
2 carrots, roughly chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed/chopped
400g can of chickpeas (optional) (7sp)
200g dried apricots (21sp)
2 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp dried coriander
1 cinnamon stick
1 tbsp finely chopped fresh root ginger
250g sweet potatoes (8sp)
1 can chopped tomatoes
200ml chicken stock
Fresh chopped coriander (optional)

1.    In a large pan, heat the oil over a medium heat and brown the lamb on all sides, then transfer onto a plate. Add the onions, ginger and carrots, then fry for a few minutes until the carrots are starting to brown. Add the garlic and cook for another minute. Tip the lamb back in, then stir in all the spices and cinnamon stick, and add the chopped tomatoes, apricots and chickpeas (if using). Season well.
2.    Bring the pan to the boil whilst stirring, then reduce to a simmer for 10 minutes or so to thicken the sauce. (You don't have to do this bit, but it will be better if you do). Transfer to the slow cooker, and cook for 6-8 hours on medium.
3.    Approximately two hours before you want to eat, chuck in the sweet potatoes. If you're like me and leave it on whilst at work you can leave this bit out, or you can cheat by boiling them up in a pan and throwing them in last minute. Don't be tempted to leave them in all day or you'll have orange slodge in place of your potatoes!
4.    Scatter with chopped coriander to serve, if you have it.

Back to today now, I enjoyed another on track day yesterday, I managed an hour walk rather than my 30 minutes because I chatted with my bestie whilst she walked her dog, 30 miles away, I wish she lived next door!  We enjoyed Greek Meatballs and spaghetti for our main meal, didn't think I was going to like them but I did, making your own sauce saves so many Smart Points, it really does. 

Today I'm making a chicken and leek pie, that looks tasty too, I've also got a couscous thing to cook which I might do today and have for tea, or save till tomorrow, isn't it great that, that is probably the biggest decision I'll make today!  I do love my simple life.

Here's to another on track weekend, day 38 let's do this.  I hope you're doing it too BeYOUtiful, we will be lighter for Christmas!

No comments: