Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 22 November 2016

Realising I'm only human!



22nd November 2016
You are not required to set yourself on fire to keep other people warm!


Mmm it's dark outside but I've seen the light in the night :) I'm being a little bit dramatic I know but I'm back on track 100% from today, I'd say I was 80% yesterday and well at the weekend it was lower but I've not had a great night, coughing has kept me awake, which gave me thinking time I didn't really want!  Anyways the outcome was the realisation that yes I am doing this for me BUT this isn't just about me.  My chest was a bit uncomfortable in the night (still is) and I'm sure it's the coughing causing it but I did think, what if this was a heart attack?  Being dramatic maybe or actually having myself a bit of a wakeup call, take it either way I say.  The truth is I have this "It'll never happen to me" attitude which is a good relaxed attitude but at the same time it makes me take my health for granted!

Last night's restless night was worthwhile, after a few nights of nightmares of varying sorts, all very realistic and unpleasant, I can safely say today is going to be a good day.  I will be eating healthy (within my allowance), drinking my water - already drunk 2 pints in the night (damn cough!), meditated already too and go for a walk even if it's raining, I'll get wet and have a shower when I get back!  I'll then end the day with a nice early night after a couple of hours in front of the tv with mom and a cuppa tea. 

Yes, I'm doing this for me but it's not just about me!  It wasn't until I lay there in the early hours and thought, if this was me having a heart attack now, what would happen to mom, I'd be alright because I'd be dead but mom would be left behind alone (I know she has other children but it's not what she's used to).  That is enough to give me the kick I needed.

The first 6 weeks of my 12 week goal went really well, I'm 5% lighter than I was when I started, I don't expect to do as well in the second 6 weeks of my challenge, it's all about damage limitation now, but from now till at least the beginning of December I can be 100% on track!  No actually not "I can", more "I WILL!"

It's important to remind yourself healthy and happy isn't guaranteed, it takes effort sometimes, especially when the grey days of winter kick in.  We need to do what we can to ensure we see a grey day as silver.

When we struggle or feel low, it's important that we give ourselves the loving support and kindness that we would offer to others, not beat ourselves up over it.  Accept we can't be a wonderful Weight Watcher  24/7 week in, week out - life and emotions get in the way.

At the same time, a metaphorical smack round the face doesn't hurt, when needed.  The NHS website says obesity, as well as causing obvious physical changes, it can lead to a number of serious and potentially life-threatening conditions, such as:

  • type 2 diabetes 
  • coronary heart disease 
  • some types of cancer, such as breast cancer and bowel cancer
  • stroke
Obesity can also affect your quality of life and lead to psychological problems, such as depression and low self-esteem. 

I don't fancy any of that to be honest, not for the sake of the odd bar of chocolate or glass of wine!

It isn't just those conditions either, some experts believe obesity is responsible for more ill health than smoking. Being significantly overweight is also linked to a wide range of health problems, including:

  • High blood pressure
  • Arthritis
  • Indigestion
  • Gallstones
  • Snoring and sleep apnoea
  • Stress, anxiety, and depression
  • Infertility

I needed to be reminded of and read all this, ignorance isn't bliss.  Not only won't I be buying anyone diabetes for Christmas in the form of chocolates etc, I won't be OVERfeeding it all to myself, a little of what you fancy does you good - too much causes all that lot listed below!

Oh and if I should have that heart attack, let's hope it makes you all stop and take not and learn from it!  Let's hope I don't though ay!

Here's to a TREMENDOUS TUESDAY, 100% tracking and taking my health seriously. 

Healthy and happy all the way BeYOUtiful. xx

No comments: