Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Sunday 28 August 2016

Mostly reading today...



28th August 2016
The key is not to prioritise what's on your schedule but to schedule your priorities. Stephen Covey

It appears my internet connection wants to play up this morning and is on a go slow, this isn't a good thing because I want to get done and on with my day, I've just read a sample of a book and liked it enough to download the rest so that's my day sorted - yay, staycation in full progress and not a lot else will get done today.

I've had a really lovely week, my diet has sucked, yesterday was my last day of ignorance, I've had a chat with my leader and I'm going to help myself get back in the swing of things by starting  to write it all down, whatever the points, I just need to see what I'm eating/drinking and where I need to make changes.  So that starts today, I'm still on my staycation don't forget so it might not be within my points allowance but at least I'll know what I've eaten.  I'm really looking forward to my breakfast, I plan to clear the kitchen table because if we were on holiday the kitchen would be a tidy one!  Well until we'd been there a couple of days it would be anyways.  Once clear I'm going to make a big mug of tea and have avocado, tomatoes in sweet chilli sauce, egg and either a wrap or toast depending on what time my food delivery comes and I'm going to read my book sitting up the table.  That's a perfect Sunday morning right there!

Yesterday was another fun meeting, we cooked beef stroganoff and had a debate on chopping boards and how many you really need in a house ;)

Quick beef stroganoff 4sp or No Count
Serve on a bed of tagliatelle cooked according to packet instructions (60g dried = 6sp) use wholewheat spaghetti for No Count

Low fat cooking spray
110g lean stir fry beef steak (3sp)
75g chestnut mushrooms, sliced
4 spring onions, sliced
A pinch of paprika
75ml (3fl oz) beef stock, made using 1/4 stock cube
2 tablespoons of very low fat plain fromage frais (1sp)
Salt & freshly ground pepper

Heat a non stick frying pan and lightly coat with the cooking spray.  Add the beef, followed by the mushrooms and spring onions.  Stir fry for 3 minutes.  Sprinkle n the paprika then pour in the beef stock. 

Bubble rapidly for 30-60 seconds until the liquid is reduced and syrupy. 

Remove the pan from the heat and leave for 1 minute, then stir in the fromage frais and seasoning to taste. 

For veggie version use 250g mixed mushrooms instead of beef and veg stock cube, only 1sp a portion.

All the recipes from this last week can be downloaded in a word document here;

After my meeting I went for lunch and a much needed catch up with my bestie, we ate good food at Ego's at Tumbledown Farm in Cannock, really recommend the place, food was delicious and the service was good too, the perfect combination and it wasn't a bad price, £14.95 for 3 courses off the lunch menu.  My main was Spiced Chick Pea, Lemon & Coriander Cakes on giant cous-cous, tomato, red onion & coriander salad with tzatziki.  I think I need to have a go at recreating this dish myself, can't believe how just a little bit of coriander makes so much difference to a meal. 

Well it looks like rain so huddled up in the kitchen with a book sounds perfect, then later I'll move to the living room and cuddle up with the same book!  I will of course walk Alfie if he's willing in-between showers, I need to get back to it.  I've not worn my fitbit for two days either, but it's just been charged and popped in my pocket, there may not be lots of steps done today but we'll call today my warm up day.

Here's to having a great day whatever you're doing, even if you're working - remember to smile because you are BeYOUtiful. 





No comments: