Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 11 May 2016

Off for beans on toast



11th May 2016
Be yourself.  The world worships the original. Ingrid Bergman

Well yesterday was a bit of a washout weather wise wasn't it!  Then if you were local to me, the traffic was horrendous, thanks to road works, however we still managed to have a magical day both in my meetings and at home.  Liz achieved her 75lb certificate, only 9lb from goal now, such an incredible achievement, not just losing the weight but staying the course, staying motivated for as long as it takes to get to goal - that's the hardest part!

I also nipped back to Cyril's on the A5 and bought the record player for mom, didn't realise until I got it home, it looks a lot older than it is, as it had an inbuilt radio, cd and cassette player, on checking it's 10-12 years old but it plays records and it's great.  I couldn't work out how to get the record player bit to work so asked mom how hers used to work and she said she had one that you put the arm to the right then over onto the record and that worked, the to the right bit started the turntable turning.  Love the crackling noise and also the fact that if you play an LP on 45 they sound like chipmunks ;)

I didn't get to eat the Avocado, it was the most tasteless one I've ever bought so I wasn't wasting points on that, instead I had egg on crumpet with a bit of tomato and lettuce, really enjoying both lettuce and those big beef tomatoes at the moment, must go and buy some more, if I'd thought I could've nipped in and got my 10% discount from the Hollybush greengrocer shed when I was passing yesterday.

I've no clue what we're eating today, so I need to go look in the freezer as I want to use up some of that stuff, I know I have some turkey mince so if I have some hoisin sauce I could make this today or tomorrow http://happyowls.co.uk/Recipes/RecipesDinner/Beeflarb.html I've also got a couple of pieces of fish so could make the Old El Pasa Baja Fish kit and just use half of the mixture, mmm maybe, then I could use the other tortillas for something else.  Still using up the contents of the freezer, especially after looking at the balance of my bank account after buying that record player!  Listening to mom sing along is priceless though, so I'm good with beans on toast till pay day if necessary, mmm actually could just eat that - that's breakfast sorted.

Right I've actually just gone really hungry, so I'm off.  Here's to a great day, looking for the magic, I'm still smiling over my phone conversation yesterday morning, after getting to my meeting with plenty of time, I then realised I'd left my ipads at home so had to go back, it took me 30 minutes to do a 4 mile round trip.  When I got back I realised the bubbles had spilt all over my unicorn (long story!) so I called Angie and said, "Have you got an hairdryer, can you bring it with your this morning?", she replied, "Did you get wet in this rain?", to which I responded, "No, it's to dry my unicorn", she never even questioned me having a unicorn, just said "Ok, see you in a bit".  Made me chuckle that did.

Right I am really off now, here's to a magical day, whatever weather comes our way, aah just watched a squirrel through my window running back down a telegraph pole, he obviously realised that way doesn't go anywhere!

Make sure you focus on the healthy and happy, stay in your allowance and track it all, that'll help the magic on the scales.

Here's today's recipe, mmm

Indian roast chicken & stuffing
SERVES 6 ~ Prep time 25 mins + marinating ~ Cook time 1 hour 50 mins ~ SmartPoints 6 per serving

100g 0% fat natural Greek yogurt
Juice of 1 lemon
2 garlic cloves, crushed
20g fresh ginger, peeled and grated
1 tbsp garam masala, plus an extra 1 tsp
1 tsp each ground cumin, ground coriander and ground turmeric
½ tsp cayenne pepper
1.6kg whole chicken
1 Weight Watchers Mini Plain Naan Bread
3 Weight Watchers Premium Pork Sausages, skinned
150g apple, peeled, cored and grated
1 small onion, grated
1 green chilli, deseeded and chopped

Mix the yogurt, lemon juice, garlic, ginger, 1 tbsp of the garam masala, and the other spices with a pinch of salt.

Remove the skin from the chicken, then coat the bird with the yogurt mix. Marinate
in the fridge for 2-3 hours.

Preheat oven to 200°C, fan oven 180°C, gas mark 6.

Place the chicken in a roasting tin and loosely cover with foil. Roast for 45 mins.

Blitz the naan in a food processor to make crumbs.

Stir in the sausage, apple, onion, chilli and 1 tsp garam masala. Roll into 12 balls.

Remove the foil from the roasting tin, add the stuffing balls and roast for 35 mins.

Rest the bird for 30 mins. 

Serve 115g meat per person, with 2 stuffing balls.





No comments: