Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 9 March 2016

You're important too xx



9th March 2016
Time has a wonderful way of showing us what really matters.
Mmm what to talk about, been up almost an hour already, I've meditated for 20 minutes, couldn't focus on the 'light' he was telling me too but I did enjoy listening to the rain and the birds, either way, it was 20 minutes of mindfulness! 

Last night in my meeting we talked a little about time, the madness that is our crazy, busy lives, how do you we fit it all in?  There are parents out there with young kids and full time jobs, that doesn't leave a lot of time really does it.  Is it why we neglect ourselves, our own needs and end up unhealthy and overweight?  How do we get around it?  Mmm, the million dollar question of the day!

If you google it, the answer is "The key is to focus on a plan, get organized, and find the right balance between profession and parenthood."  Oh this doesn't just have to be parents, it can be carers, or anyone with a busy life, whatever that looks like.

It's anyone who struggles to juggle, I know I do sometimes, being the queen of routine has really helped me, I'd recommend that for sure, I work good when I know what needs to be done and when.

I've also learnt to say NO sometimes, no apologies, explanations or guilt, saying no is okay, I don't go to 'parties' or accept invites I really don't want to go to. 

I've also realised saying "YES" is good too, yes to offers of help, I'm not superwoman, I can't do everything, so when someone offers to help me and do something, if it's something they can do, I gladly except.

A couple of members suggested delegating last night, give those kids jobs to do!  Mom has her tasks that she does every day that take the pressure of me, so why shouldn't your kids do the same, it's helping them to grow up knowing that these things need doing and how to do them.

Get enough sleep, I know that's unlikely if you have little ones waking you in the middle of the night but get to bed when you can, nothing sets you up to cope better than a good night's sleep. 

If you're not healthy you can't balance your responsibilities successfully, we all need sleep, nutrition and some movement (for me that's walking).

One of the best things that helps me cope with the crazy that is sometimes my life, is my support system, my bestie keeps me sane, all my friends play their part.  We all cope and work better with support, so make sure you have enough friends, if you haven't, go out and make some.  I watch my members become friends every day, it's great to watch.

Oh and if you're feeling bad about not being supermom or superwoman, kiss the guilt goodbye, remember you're doing the best you can, your kids, family and friends love you just as you are!

168 hours in a week, are you surviving them?  If not, what needs to give, what needs to change? 

It's almost 11 years since I resigned from my last job taking a massive pay cut, it's amazing how much less you can survive on when you change how you shop, what you buy.  I started to ask myself, "Do I need it, or do I just want it?"  I learnt to live on less and I'm so glad I did.  I'm still busy, but it's a different kind of busy, it's a crazy I can cope with and I enjoy (most of the time!)

One of my members made the speedy biryani from yesterday's blog, she recommends it, so here's today's easy to cook Smart Pointed recipe;


Chicken and Potato Curry
Serves 4, 7sp per serving

1 onion
800 grams skinless and boneless chicken breasts (8sp)
170 grams fresh spinach
800g red potatoes (19sp)
2 tablespoon medium or hot curry powder (2sp)
400 grams can chopped tomatoes
Salt and pepper
1 teaspoon dried coriander (optional)
1teaspoon dried mint (optional)

  • Peel and finely chop the onion
  • Cut the chicken into bite size pieces
  • Roughly chop the spinach
  • Peel the potatoes and cut into bite size pieces
  • Heat a large non stick frying pan over a medium heat. When hot, add the onion, potatoes, chicken, spinach and curry powder/paste and stir to mix well. Stir fry for 2-3 minutes
  • Add the chopped tomatoes and 400ml of water and bring to the boil. Cover and reduce the heat to low. Cook gently for 25-30 minutes or until the chicken and potatoes are cooked through and tender. 
  • Remove from the heat and season with salt and pepper. Add the herbs and serve.

Have a great day BeYOUtiful, find a little time for you - you're important too xx

No comments: