Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 31 March 2016

Having a great week, scales might not agree!



31st March 2016
You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it.

I woke up this morning thinking I really am blessed to have the most wonderful helpers in my meetings, and last night they put their all into making my meeting work - I love them for that.  My members too, so patient, all having a laugh supporting each other and true, 'let's do this' style, not to mention the delicious lemon drizzle cake cooked by the one and only Julie Buckard, mmm, seriously, an amazing baker.

When I get the recipe of the lemon drizzle cake, I'll blog it, because everyone needs a slice of that in their life at some point, I can't promise it'll be as good as Julie's but it'll be good.

The cooking demo's are going great too, I'm already thinking about the next one, but not for a week or two of course, but it definitely won't be as long as the last time, it's too enjoyable and there's food at the end - win/win.

Oh I almost forgot, I used my first simply cook kit yesterday, so easy to use, and came out looking all professional look;


 I'm looking forward to the next one now too, and I've been in touch with the company and they've sent me a nutritional sheet for their meals so I can smart point the kits over the weekend when I have a spare half hour.  It really is a good way of trying new foods and recipes without having to buy a load of spices and still not getting the mix correct.  If you do fancy trying a pack for a £1, use this link.

So using their nutritional information, my Chinese Duck Salad worked out at 10sp a portion. I used pheasant as I already had it, but had I used chicken instead of the duck, it would only have been 7sp a portion and delicious!  The avocado is optional so if you have that, you add another 4sp.

Right I need to get a wriggle on, got to get my onions chopped for my cooking demo's today (4 of them to do).  That's the one reason I could never have been a chef you know, I hate chopping onions!

Here's to making Thursday tremendous, I hope those with kids off school aren't being sent round the bend by them, I know my meeting will be full of them this morning but the moms still make more noise!  Have a great day BeYOUtiful, I know I will.

Here's today's Smart Point recipe;

Chicken Bang Bang

serves 4, 5sp per serving

 

2 x 165g Chicken Breast Fillets = (3sp)  

500ml chicken stock
2.5cm fresh ginger, peeled and sliced                          
1 tablespoon peanut butter  (6sp)
1 heaped tablespoon honey (4sp)                                 
1 tablespoon sesame oil (5sp)
1 teaspoon chilli oil (1 sp)                                                
half a chunk cucumber, cut into matchsticks               
one or two carrots, cut into matchsticks
four spring onions, cut into matchsticks                       
half an iceberg lettuce, shredded
fresh coriander to garnish

Pour stock into the saucepan, add the ginger and bring it to the boil.  Add the chicken breasts to the stock and simmer gently for about 10 minutes or until they are tender and cooked through.

Remove the chicken from the stock, reserving the stock for the dressing.  Place the peanut butter, clear honey, sesame oil and chilli oil in a mini processor or a screw topped jar with six tablespoons of the reserved stock and shake well to mix together.

Mix the vegetable sticks with the shredded lettuce and transfer to a serving plate or bowl.   To serve, shred the chicken over the salad and drizzle with the sauce.

No comments: