Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Saturday 26 March 2016

How do you do it?



26th March 2016
You only live once? False! You live every day, you only die once!

Well I got a good chunk of my work done yesterday by sitting at the ipad/computer for six hours, that means I can now go play out later, having lunch with the ladies, I'm so looking forward to a good catch up, it also means I can spend a few hours Sunday and Monday doing the rest of the work and spend the rest of the weekend with mom, we don't need good weather to enjoy each others company and they serve cake indoors should the mood take us, but I'm thinking we'll be spending this weekend at home as everywhere is more than likely to be busy.

I've already chosen what I'll be eating later, I plan to enjoy myself but not let it undo my whole week, after all, it's the giggles and gossip I'm going for mostly, the food is a bonus.  I'm going to order scallops for starter and the lentil dish for main (fancy trying something different), skipping dessert so I can have a drink.  Sorted, I don't even have to look at the menu now, it's all in the bag.

Don't get me wrong, I'm losing weight, but I'm still not being an angel, I bought the £10 meal deal thing from Co-op yesterday, when I got back from my massage, I noticed the Profiterole balls on the side, I'd forgot to put them in the freezer and they were defrosted so I put them in a bowl in the fridge, consuming a couple on the way and a couple more later, but 4 is better than the box and they didn't have the chocolate on because that's still in the pouch for pouring.  A few weeks ago I'd have just sat down in front of the tv with the bowl.  Yeah I'm getting better each and every day, feeling good.

Somebody asked me yesterday, how do I do it?  How do I handle all the stress in my life and still able to focus myself and lose weight.  Truth is I don't always, I scream a lot and often.  I had a real 30 second rage in my office yesterday when I knocked off my version of a "filing system" for my 'important' life/household paperwork.  Then I realised we're all still above ground (my new thought process) and calmed down.  The truth is nothing's really that important is it, because none of us make it out of this world alive, so I'm focusing on the good stuff, because this body of mine has been to hell and back a few times in my life already, I refuse to take it there voluntarily anymore.  I'm going to spend the rest of my life loving and taking care of it not punishing it for not looking a certain way.

Yep, loves me and mine I do.  Oh and the important filing system, it's still on the floor in my office!  I'll sort it out when I've got five minutes, yesterday I had more important things to do, involving plastic cards and members details and big mugs of tea.

I can honestly say nothing has been eaten because of stress or emotions beyond my control this week, I'd like to thank my hormones for that, they haven't been so out of control this month, my mood has been much more stable thankfully, my cycle has only been 24 days, I'm soooooo ready to do this thing called "the change", grow my beard and stop my monthlies.  I'm told the flushes could be with me for years, so I'll make friends with them, we'll learn to swim together!

On that note, be careful out there, do your best to dodge the flying chocolate eggs, bounce away from the buns.  Maybe have one instead of breakfast or lunch, your points will cover it.  Enjoy Easter BeYOUtiful, it's only once a year. 

Here's your smart point recipe, sounds quite nice;


Slow cooked pork, bean and butternut casserole

Serves 4, 7 Smart Points per serving

Make the most of your slow cooker with this delicious casserole – perfect for one of your No Count days.

            Calorie Controlled Cooking Spray,
            400 g Pork, Loin Steak, lean, Raw
            1 large Onion, All Types
            250 g Carrots, Old, Raw
            1 medium Pepper, Red
            100 g Green Beans
            500 g Butternut Squash
            2 cloves Garlic
            400 g Whole or Chopped, Canned Tomatoes,
            480 g Borlotti Beans, Cooked or Canned
            2 tablespoons Tomato Purèe (level)
            1 tablespoons Mixed Herbs, Dried
            300 ml Chicken Stock, Fresh
            1 g Pepper, Black (Whole, Cracked or Ground) (as purchased)
            4 sprig(s) Parsley, fresh (fresh)

·         Heat a large non-stick frying pan and mist with calorie-controlled cooking spray. Add the pork, a few chunks at a time, browning them before adding the next batch. Transfer them to a slow cooker.
·         Add all the remaining ingredients to the slow cooker - the chopped vegetables, garlic, tomatoes, beans, stock and dried herbs. Give everything a thorough stir.
·         Put the lid on the slow cooker and turn it on. It will need 5-6 hours on high, or 7-8 hours on low – check your manufacturer’s handbook for recommendations.
·         Serve in warmed bowls, sprinkled with chopped parsley.

No comments: