Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 4 March 2016

Celebrate every tiny victory!



4th March 2016
The greater the storm the brighter your rainbow.

Well it's been a weird week and a busy one which is probably part of the reason I haven't been on top form for all of it.  After my boozy Saturday with my bestie and working last Sunday and Monday I was already tired before I had to get up and officially start my working week, I don't function well without rest.  I was also hormonal, that time of month blah blah blah.  Let's not forget the bang on the head which made me cry, mmm, actually yea let's forget the bang on the head.  However by Wednesday lunchtime my mood had lifted and I've been great since, sadly my diet hasn't been the greatest.

My meals have been bang on, great, but the was a cereal incident on Tuesday night and a multipack of frazzles was purchased on my shopping outing with mom on Wednesday, I also found those damn sugar free biscuits in the cupboard again and tried the new Weight Watcher Sticky Toffee bars which are awesome I have to say.  What I'm getting out I guess, is today is my weigh in after joining a meeting last week and it's not going to be a good one - oops!  I'm okay with it though, whatever they say I shall be sucking it up and getting on with it.  My heads much clearer now, my moods lifted and I'm going to be emptying the kitchen of remaining biscuits, frazzles and anything else I can't resist and taking them to the food bank out of my way.   

I will be planning meals too, once we've launched the new automated system in Saturday mornings meeting and I've done the paperwork for that, I'm not touching till I have too, I need a rest.  I want to spend some time in my garden if it's dry this weekend and if it isn't I'll spend some time in my house cooking, knitting, and maybe cleaning and ironing.

Well at least I'm going to be doing something for the first time today, I've never joined WWers and not got a weight loss on my first week!  It's okay though, the meetings this week have been inspiring, we've cried together, laughed together and supported each other, we've had awards for everything from losing 11 stone to resisting Birthday Cake at work and not forgetting the member who walked miles with her kid then watched said kid eat a steak bake in Greggs whilst she drank a coffee - now that deserves a medal!  It's those little things that make the journey a successful one in the end, it's by focusing on the small victories, you will eventually win the war and let's be honest sometimes it does feel like a war!

Don't wait until you reach your goal to be proud of yourself.  Be proud of each step you take towards reaching that goal.  I'm going to be, so this week, I'm proud of...
- ensuring I've eaten 3 healthy Smart Pointed meals a day.
- walking for 30 minutes in the rain on Wednesday morning to increase my activity.
- admitting that I cry like everyone else, it's okay not to be happy always!
- me and all my members for not thinking 'sod it' because it's hard
- everything I do towards aiming for a healthier and happier life.

So anyone got any tips on how to lose a couple of pounds before half nine this morning?  No? Oh well, I'll go anyway and hopefully come out even more determined than I am right now!  I did say my first personal goal was to still be sat in my meeting in a month's time, so at least that's still achievable :)



Here's a big shout out to all those BeYOUtiful women out there trying to be everything to everyone and cracking occasionally - it's okay, we're allowed to have a wobble, a meltdown, a good cry.  We don't have to be a tower of constant strength and perfect.  So here's to celebrating the awesome that is us - I'm proud of us all. 

Have a great day xx

Here's your Smart Pointed recipe for today, so simple;

Lemon and courgette linguine
Serves 2, 12sp per serving. 5 mins to prepare and 10 mins to cook

140g  dried linguine (14sp)
1tbsp olive oil (5sp)
1 medium courgette, grated on the large grater side
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
1tbsp capers, rinsed and drained
2tbsp low fat crème fraîche (5sp)
½ lemon, zested and juiced
1 x 60g bag rocket
handful fresh basil leaves, torn
Cook the pasta following the packet instructions.

Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan and add the courgette. Stir for a minute, add the garlic and capers and cook for a minute more.

Drain the pasta and add the courgette mix, crème fraîche, lemon zest and juice, rocket and basil. Season well and toss together.

No comments: