Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 29 July 2015

Playing out on a school night - still on track!



29th July 2015
Unless you change how you are, you will always have what you've got!

An unexpected meal out took a few of my ProPoints last night but after my blog yesterday about spending time with friends, I made the effort, normally I wouldn't go out on a work night but I was still home and back for mom for just after nine.  I went to the Broadway and had sirloin and jacket, which I have to say was a good meal, they've changed their menu and I was impressed, I've just ProPointed the meal and it's set me back 21pp,

8oz sirloin steak 8pp
Jacket potato 6pp
3 onion rings 3pp
Peas 2pp
I x 10g patty butter 2pp

We'd both ordered the same but she won't have had to track as many ProPoints as me cos she left onion rings - her resisting temptation was impressive, I just eat them because they're there, next time I must remember to ask them not to put them on my plate because I genuinely are not fussed about onion rings and it's a waste of 3pp.  Old habits die hard and cleaning my plate is very ingrained!

A good natter was had, and the food was enjoyed, luckily I hadn't gone mad all day, breakfast was a flatbread and poached egg with spinach for 6pp, 




lunch was 7pp steak & Guinness pie served with vegetables.   


So my total intake for the day was 34pp.  No booze was consumed and I'd earned a couple of points on my fitbit so all is good in my world.  Love the fact the diet pop was only 99p and you get free refills, not that I had a second but nice to know the options there.

So you can eat out and lose weight!  Had I known I was going I could've had a lower ProPointed breakfast, my banana on cinnamon bagel is only 3pp.

It was nice to have a natter, it broke up the week too and as my besties away on her holidays, I hadn't been out at the weekend.

Alfie seems much improved too so all is good in my world today thankfully.

I need to go check the freezer for today's dinner, I also want some more of those bagels so will pop into the Co-op in the hope they still have some, a normal sized bagel will set me back 6 or 7pp, but these Cinnamon & Raisin Thin Bagels are only 3pp, I've just looked and the New York Bakery Co. Cinnamon & Raisin Mini Bagels are also 3pp so I'll look out for them too, there's only 5g different in their weight. 


I might buy the New York ones to see if they taste better, it looks like Asda and Sainsbury's sell them according to the internet, we shall see!

So a light day today I think, fish possibly balance out all that beef consumed yesterday, will pop into Asda and get a bit more fresh veg, I might even make a chicken casserole for tomorrow as this weather really is more like autumn that summer! 
Right I'm off to get my paperwork done, if I do it quickly and get the mammoth putting the bins out task done, I could do the supermarket on the way to work, getting organised ain't I!

Have a great day BeYOUtiful, remember if it's important enough to you, you'll find a way and make it work.  And just in case you've forgotten Healthy & Happy is the answer (whatever the problem is) weight loss becomes a side effect then.  Love yourself as you are now and you're more likely to take care of yourself - no one looks after something they hate!


No comments: