Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 20 July 2015

Can't beat a bit of silliness!



Monday 20th July 2015
You won't have to travel to the other side if you just grow your grass right.  We all forget that the seeds are in our own hands!

I had the best day yesterday and none of it was about food!  I spent the morning on the computer playing around with my website as the lady who's been working on it hasn't been able to for the last couple of months and I want it done, so had a play myself, and learnt a bit of html coding along the way.   So this section is finally complete http://happyowls.co.uk/Happyzone/Happyhome.html and I'm quite happy to say I did it ;)

Then I spent the afternoon in the garden, my brother had got me some wood and so I decided to have a go at making my own planters as I've not been blown away by anything I've seen in the garden centres, plus they're damned expensive.  I didn't really know what I was doing, I just found myself a tape measure, a pencil, hammer and some nails in the shed and just started.  I have to say I was extremely proud of myself when I actually managed it and I love the result, can't wait to make another one.  I even almost got myself a hard work blister on my fingers, been a while since I had one of those. 

You know what this means though don't you!  More plants needed - YAY, garden centre trip required - woo hoo, so easily pleased me these days.

So mom and I were being silly in the garden, as we usually are, then later we watched a comedy film on Sky where they were all being made to look silly too, life is so much better when you giggle.  My afternoon with my mom made me realise that my life has improved dramatically since I decided I didn't care what other people thought of me and it was okay to make a fool of myself in public. 

I've not always been that way, in my teens/twenties I was constantly concerned with what people thought, how I looked, was I giving a good impression.  Then I hit my thirties, got my happy owl mentality, decided I loved me and what others thought wasn't my concern and I've never been happier.

So yes the best bit of advice I can give anyone is to be happy to look silly, you have way more fun when you stop worrying about what others think of you, or what you might look like.

So I'm suggesting a silly start to the week, let's have some giggles, focus on something other than weight loss, although you can do both, you can live, love, laugh and lose weight!  

Actually I've managed a half pound weight loss which I'm rather pleased about, especially as I've eaten out and enjoyed a cornetto and a bit of chocolate, yes I'm quite pleased, now to keep that success going.  Here's to another great week of losing, moving more and getting outside is really helping.  Here's to a great weelk BeYOUtiful, you in?

No comments: