Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 2 July 2015

I think this is what they call Summer!



2nd July 2015
Being your true self is the most effective formula for success there is!

Well that was a warm night!  Still tired, thanks to the tossing and turning and not being able to get to sleep.  The radio just suggested it's going to be a cooler day thankfully as when you're working and rushing about, 35 degrees makes it a little harder!  Still make sure you're drinking plenty of water though, don't wait till you're thirsty, get a small water bottle and aim to fill it up at least 4 times throughout the day.

This weather does make you fancy salad more that's for sure, so I enjoyed a nice one yesterday, beef sweet chilli sheesh kebabs with a lovely salad, which I'd nipped to buy and now have enough for a couple of days.  Whilst out I also bought me some Becks Blue, I love a bottle of beers as I'm watering my garden at night, this way I'm getting the taste without the ProPoints, for alcohol free lager, I really do think it's spot on. 

I've got a recipe out of a future issue of Your Week that I'm going to try and get done this morning before I go to work, if I can leave it marinating then it'll be perfect for lunch, Shawarma-Style Chicken, apparently it's a delicious mildly spiced checken dish which is a better option than a greasy kebab (which I also love!)

Oh what the heck, let's share the recipe with your now, rather than make you wait,


Shawarma-Style Chicken
Serves 2, 10pp each
prep Time: 15 mins + marinating
cook time: 20 mins

250g skinless chicken breast , thinly sliced (6pp)
2 garlic cloves , crushed
1 tsp olive oil (1pp)
½ tbsp baharat
(also called 7 spice)
Juice of 1 lemon
2 x 62g flatbreads (10pp)
50g iceberg lettuce, shredded
½ cucumber, chopped
½ red onion , sliced

For the dressing
20g tahini (3pp)
½ tsp lemon juice
½ garlic clove, crushed

Put the chicken in a bowl with the garlic, olive oil, baharat and lemon juice.
Toss to coat, then set aside to marinate in the fridge for at least 1 hour.

Preheat the oven to 190°C, fan 170°C, gas mark 5. Cook the chicken in an ovenproof dish for 20 minutes or until cooked through.

Make the dressing. Mix all the ingredients together with 25ml water until you
have a smooth paste. If it’s too thick, add more water.  Heat the flatbreads on a
warm griddle pan or in a low oven and top with the lettuce, cucumber and
onion, followed by the chicken. Drizzle the dressing over and serve.

I haven't made a recipe from an issue of your week for a while, but this does look really tasty!  I'll let you know.  Now the flatbreads I ordered some online and when they've come they weigh 100g each so they work out at 8pp!  However when I was in Sainsbury's yesterday I picked up these ones which were only 3pp each and I had one for tea - very tasty, nicer than a warby thin in my opinion! 

These ones are 8pp 

These are 3pp each and delicious
 They look like this out of the packet;


I know it's ice cream season but be sensible, I mentioned it yesterday, the magnums are on offer in Sainsbury's half price, I picked a box up for mom 7pp for a regular chocolate one, they do a basic choc ice for 4pp, not the same thing I know but there's still chocolate and ice cream and you've saved 3pp!   
 
On that note, I'm off for a shower, already drunk my first pint of water, after than hot night we're all bound to be more dehydrated than usual, so go pour yourself a glass.

Have a great day BeYOUtiful. xx

No comments: