Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 13 July 2015

Here's to a great week...



13th July 2015
Inhale the future, exhale the past.

Apparently it's the day of the month I wake at 3am!  I've just gone to log it on my chart and it's exactly day 16 just like it was last month, that's hormones working at their finest!   Luckily we had quite an early night and I can do the same tonight, so I'll be alright for work tomorrow.

Had a lovely Sunday again, spent a few hours walking round garden centres, verdict, Pipers going towards Gailey island is the best for good quality, reasonably priced plants, they have some great perennials in at the moment 3 for £10.  I then spent a few hours planting seeds, this is my first dabble at growing from scratch, pansies and spinach, I eat spinach everyday so at least I know it'll be used and pansies I use every autumn so this will save me buying them if it works.  The rest of the day was spent chilling, now that's the perfect Sunday!

Speaking of spinach, I remembered this delicious recipe that might need to go on my to eat list...

Cheesy spinach pudding
Serves 4, 5pp each

450g bag ready washed spinach
A kettleful of boiling water
75g wholemeal bread
3 eggs
150ml skimmed milk
200g low fat cottage cheese
1 tbsp english mustard
75g reduced fat cheddar cheese, grated
Calorie controlled cooking spray
12 cherry tomatoes, halved
Salt & freshly ground black pepper

Preheat oven to Gas mark 6 / 200oC / fan oven 180 oC.  Put the spinach in colander and pour over all the boiling water to wilt it.  When cool, drain and squeeze out as much of the water as you can. (or Pre-washed spinach can be cooked in its packaging in the microwave on high for a minute or two).

Put the bread in a food processor then add the eggs, milk, cottage cheese, mustard and seasoning.  Whizz to mix everything together then add the spinach and 25g of the cheese and whizz together briefly.

Spray a 1 litre (1 3/4 pint) dish with the cooking spray.  Pour in the spinach mixture and scatter with the tomatoes and remaining cheese.  Bake for 45-50 minutes or until puffed up and golden.

Or you could make this;

Spinach & Cheese lasagne – serves 2 – 9pp each

Low fat cooking spray
200g frozen spinach (defrosted and drained)
100g low fat soft cheese with garlic and herbs (3pp)
6 sheets dried lasagne (100g) (11pp)
1 x 400g can chopped tomatoes
50g low fat grated cheddar cheese (4pp)
Salt & pepper

Preheat oven to Gas mark 4 / 180oC.  Spray small ovenproof dish with low fat spray. 

In a bowl mix together spinach & soft cheese, season with black pepper.  Place two sheets of lasagne in the oven dish, spoon over half of the spinach mixture.  Place two more sheets of lasagne on top and spoon remaining spinach mixture on to it.  Repeat with the last two sheets, pour over the chopped tomatoes, season and sprinkle with grated cheese.  Bake for 20 mins or until golden and bubbling.

There's quite a few suggestions on the Weight Watcher recipe database too, mmm think I might be having spinach and something this week! 

Anyway I'm off to actually start my day now, got quite a busy Monday for a change so I better get a wriggle on, although I think I'm going to start it with a soak in the bath - nice and relaxing, may not of slept but I can still relax.

Enjoy your day BeYOUtiful.


No comments: