Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Sunday 7 June 2015

Smiling because it's Sunday!



7th June 2015
Life isn't fair, but it's still good.


Just looking at my figures for my meetings this morning and my amazing members have lost just over 11,663lb so far this year, now that's impressive!  Yesterday morning's meeting was another 91lb added to the running total and two lovely members achieved their 5% certificates, this made me look back over the year so far and see how all the different venues are doing and this is what it looks like;

Tuesday morning - 107 stone
Tuesday night - 110 stone
Wednesday morning - 48 stone
Wednesday night - 130 stone
Thursday morning - 164 stone
Thursday night - 81 stone
Saturday meeting - 154 stone

Of course you can't compare them as they're all different sized meetings and no two members journeys are the same but it just shows that there's so much success going on out there and I'm proud of every person who walks through my door wanting to lose weight, because that's the first step to making permanent changes.  For me Weight Watchers is about learning how to eat healthily and change your relationship with food for good and I believe that's what so many of my members are doing.

I've just caught up with my different foods list, not sure if I've mentioned it in my blog this week, but I've asked my members to count how many different foods they eat in a week, not as a competition, more for them to be aware of how much variety they have in their lives.  I started my list Tuesday and so far I'm on about 49, I may have missed the odd one or two things, but this is what it looks like so far;

almonds
asparagus
aubergine
avocado
bacon
baked beans
banana
beef mince
beetroot
blueberries
bread
carrot
celery
chai seeds
cheese
chick peas (falafels)
chicken
cod
courgette
cucumber
eggs
flour
ham
hazelnuts
jam
lemon posset
lettuce
linseed
mango
mussels
nectarine
onion
pastry
peanut butter
pear
peas
peppers
potato
red peppers
rice
rice cake
ryvita
salmon
spinach
strawberry
tomatoes
watercress
WW strawberry & cranberry bar
yogurt

It has reminded me of the importance of tracking, I really need to get back to tracking, I'm being lazy with not doing that, I'm eating healthy but I have no idea of the running tally of ProPoints, so I do need to get back to it!

I forgot to tell you about the delicious falafel wrap I had on the train coming home Friday, mmm, I could eat that again, warm falafels, had been put in a wrap then baked in the over to make the wrap a little crispy, I will have to make my own version.  I've found this recipe online and ProPointed it, they suggest burgers  but I think you could put them in pitta breads or in a wrap.  The suggested hummus on the buns, but again use whatever sauce you fancy, I reckon a bit of cool mustard would be nice, mmm

Falafel burgers,

makes 4 at 4pp each


250g chickpeas from a can (8pp)
1 medium onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
2 tsp ground coriander
2 tsp ground cumin
small pack flat-leaf parsley, chopped
2 rounded tbsp plain flour
2 tbsp vegetable oil (8pp)

Drain, rinse and dry the chickpeas thoroughly, then tip into the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until lightly broken up into coarse crumbs.

Add the onion, garlic, spices, parsley, flour and some seasoning, and continue to pulse until combined. Using your hands, gently form the mixture into 4 patties about 10cm in diameter and 2cm thick.

In a large pan, heat the oil and fry the falafels on each side for 2-3 mins or until golden (you may need to do this in batches).


They would be a really cheap tea, chick peas are only about 50p a can, that's definitely going on my to eat list.

Right I'm away, suns shining already, I've got loads of paperwork to catch up on, that's the penalty for having Friday off!  I might paint my bench finally today too, we'll see....

Have a great day, enjoy Sunday BeYOUtiful.


No comments: