Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 18 June 2015

My members like a curry!



18th June 2015
You are far too smart to be the only thing standing in your way!


Well I've been awake since 3am!  So I've already watered all my hanging baskets and drunk me a pint of water, I love that it's light enough to be up the garden pottering at stupid o'clock in the morning.  I also lay in bed for a while, just enjoying doing nothing, looking at the sky and thinking about the day ahead.  I've even sorted out my finances this morning - check me out!   If only I could be that enthusiastic about the whole housework thing, but it ain't ever gonna happen, I'll get the urge every now and again to have a clean through but I'll never been tidy and organised, it's just not going to happen.

So when we weren't sure if mom was going to be celiac or not, I aired on the side of caution and bought a few gluten free things to introduce her to them and show she could still eat well.  One of those things was sausages and I've just worked out the ProPoints, 4pp each!  Oh my days, they better be incredible for that many ProPoints, so I'm thinking sausages in onion gravy, mash and veggies for dinner, can still keep it within budget.  Lesson of the day - work it out before you buy them!  I can't even use the fact I ordered them online as an excuse because it gives you the nutritional information if you look.

We're talking food in my meetings this week and coming up with cheap and/or easy meal ideas and also what to do with certain ingredients, I do love to hear what people like to eat.  One meal that continually gets a mention is curry, almost everyone enjoys a curry apparently and so I've found out my helper Harjit's recipe to share again, the base is the same for every curry so you can add or meats or vegetables if required.

Harjit’s Chicken Curry Serves around 6-7

2-3 teaspoons Olive Oil (3-4pp),
4 Onions,
Garlic,
Ginger ,
1-2 (3-4 if you like it spicy) Green Chilli
2 teaspoons Jeera (Cumin Seeds),
1-2 teaspoons Haldi (Tumeric),
½ large can Tomatoes (Blended),
1-2 teaspoons Salt,
1 teaspoon Garam Masala,
500g chicken breast (12pp),
Fresh Coriander (Optional)

1. Heat oil in saucepan and add chopped onions & salt.
2. After 5-10 mins add garlic, ginger, chilli & jeera (cumin seeds)
3. Cook for around 20 mins if onions start sticking to the pan add water.
4. Once onions are browned and softened add 1-2 teaspoons of haldi (Tumeric), cook for around 10 mins until the colouring separates from the onions.
5. Once the above has cooked add half a tin of tomatoes and cook for around 5-10 mins.
6. When tomatoes have blended in with the onions add chicken, cook chicken for about 10 mins and then add boiled water and simmer until water has thickened and chicken is tender.
7. Once chicken has cooked add garam masala and stir and garnish with fresh coriander.
8. Serve with (add the extra ProPoints of course) basmati rice (60g dried = 6pp) & chappati's (average size 55g - made with fat 6pp, without fat 3pp) or naan breads (vary in pp) & natural yogurt.   The base is the same for every curry so you can add vegetables if required.

Another meal I haven't had a for a long time but was absolutely delicious the last time Rosemarie (one of my lovely members) made it for me, was her special chicken it was so tasty, so here’s her recipe;

Rosemarie's special chicken
Chicken portions
1/4 tsp curry powder
1/4 tsp all purpose seasoning
1/4 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp rosemary
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp thyme
1/4 tsp coriander
1 veg oxo
1 thin sliced tomato
1 thin sliced onion
1 thin sliced red and green peppers

Mix all ingredients together and pour over chicken mix properly in a bowl and leave over night to marinate. Pour into a dish cover with foil and cook into oven.

The one Rosemarie made me was made with chicken drumsticks which are F&H if you remove the skin, if you're on ProPoints you only need worth them out for the chicken as everything else is zero, it really was a deliciously flavoursome meal, well worth a try.

Right I'm off to get another glass of water, here's to a great day BeYOUtiful. xx




No comments: