Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 29 September 2014

Enjoy every day x



29th September 2014
Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal.  Live this day as if it were your last.  The past is over and gone.  The future is not guaranteed.  Wayne Dyer


How about me only just turned on my pc at 7.45am, normally I’ve been up and at it for a few hours, this morning I stayed in bed and finished my book, was lovely, plus I’ve even started another one and am already 4 chapters in.  I didn’t get much done yesterday either, mom and I decided to have a very relaxed day, I read, she did her crosswords, I stayed away from the work side of Facebook and we ate a delicious dinner of fishcake, swede and potato mash with cabbage and cauliflower, it didn’t look to good all being pale food but it tasted delicious.  Yep yesterday was a lovely restful day and I plan to have many more of them in the future, work and rest should be balanced shouldn’t it.

Today I am most definitely going to plant the rest of my bulbs; I can’t keep putting it off and being lazy ;) I did manage to deadhead a few flowers in the garden yesterday and walk Alfie but that was as energetic as I got, I do love lazy days.

In my book the mother had Alzheimer’s, it’s a cruel illness, dementia of any kind is a very unfair condition and so last night I set up a Just Giving page, in my life I’ve done lot’s of things for charity, I’ve cycled across Laos, Trekked in the Himalayas and Peru, walked a marathon up Snowdon 3 times in one day, we even did a 15 mile sponsored walk last year on Cannock Chase, this is just a few of the things I’ve done and I’ve raised thousands, at least £25k I bet, I’ve not counted to be honest.  This time I’m doing NOTHING, I’m just asking for you to donate £1, if my mom’s ever made you giggle with her antics or I have with my stories of her and what she gets up too, or if you know anyone who has dementia, donate anything you can because one day it might be you and who’s going to take care of you?  To donate go to www.justgiving.com/mymom or text MOMS76 £1 to 70070 (you can change £1 to whatever amount you can spare).  I’m not being lazy by not doing a sponsored event, I’m actually saving money by not having to sort it all out, I’d rather spend the time with my mom, we never know how long any of us have and she’s one of my favourite people I like to spend time with. 

So I need to get back to reality today, I’m going to make another cuppa when I’ve written my blog, do some office work ready for the working week, then go check out what I have in my fridge and cupboards and plan some meals, plant my bulbs and take mom for a drive if she’s up for it.  I also need to arrange a doctor’s appointment for her if she’ll let me, her knees really hurting her at the moment, I was thinking they might be able to give her a steroid injection to ease the pain.

Not much to say today, I’m too chilled to think ain’t I!

Have a healthy & Happy day BeYOUtiful and remember the time we enjoy wasting is not wasted time at all xx




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thats soo lovely and very true x

I am just reading that book ..about halfway through .its very good

will donate from laptop later x
pippa xx