Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 30 September 2014

Did you Stick to It in September?



30th September 2014
You know, all that really matters is that the people you love are happy and healthy.  Everything else is just sprinkles on the sundae.  Paul Walker.

Welcome to Tuesday, let’s make the last day of September a fabulous day, I’m up for that!  I finally planted all my bulbs, that’s the last time I get carried away in a garden centre, planting bulbs is not a fun job, it has to be said, hopefully it’ll be worth it next spring when they all come up and fill my garden with beauty.  I do lose myself in my garden; I even forgot lunch because of it, forgetting to eat isn’t something that happens often. 

We did enjoy a chicken dinner though, using up the leftovers from the day before, I do enjoy doing Filling & Healthy I have to say, it means when I pick at the chicken on the carcass, I don’t have to worry about how much I’ve had. 

So believe it or not I’ve started week 6 of my journal yesterday, that’s the furthest I’ve got through one in a very long time, in those 5 weeks I’ve lost 2.5lb, an average of 1/2lb a week and I’ve decided I like the idea of ½’s, they mean I’m losing weight slowly enough to be able to indulge that little bit more than I would if I was aiming for the 1-2lb a week.   I’m not in a rush am I!  I’ll lose another half stone at that speed before Christmas, I can live with that and I still get to drink my wine which let’s be honest is a priority ‘-)!

Mom’s just woke up, she’s early this morning so I’ve put the kettle on, she decided yesterday she doesn’t want a steroid injection, her choice and we’ll cope.  I have to say she sounds like a baby elephant moving across the bedroom, she may only be ten stone but she moves like she’s ten tonne because of her limp ;-).  She’s over the moon with the money we’ve raised for Alzheimer’s so far, I keep reminding her it’s not for her.  Yesterday morning we had a few conversations about it;

Mom "How much we got now?"
Me "£45"
Mom "WOW"
Me "You're not getting it you know that right"
Mom "I know"

She didn't sound convincing!
Me "£55 you’re up to now mom"
Mom "WOW just for being me! They really must like me"

I love her I do xx
Thank you if you’ve already donated to Alzheimer’s already if not, to donate go to www.justgiving.com/mymom or text MOMS76 £1 to 70070 (you can change £1 to whatever amount you can spare).  

I did my food shop yesterday and planned my main meals whilst walking round, I took advantage of the 3 for £10 meat and I’m going to make a beef stew, chicken curry and we had a chicken dinner too.  I also bought the 5% beef mince, think I might make burgers with one tray and do the taco boats with the other, but not both this week, all too much beef for one week, I’m thinking salmon one day and fish curry maybe another. 

Right it’s a work day so time for a cuppa tea then I’m ready for action. 

I paid in the £220 to MacMillan we raised last week in my meetings, great to see cake do so much good, even if it did mean I had a stayed same at the scales – led me astray it did! Hey Ho, there’s always another day….

Here’s to ending September with a smile BeYOUtiful, have a great day.



No comments: