Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 12 September 2014

And relax...



12th September 2014
Things don’t happen for no reason, they happen to teach you something.


Nothing better than that first cuppa of the day and I’ve just got to the bottom of mine, I love Friday because I know I haven’t got to rush to get somewhere, although Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday when I do rush, I love them too for other reasons.  Actually I can honestly say 99% of the time I love my life, the 1% when I don’t is usually when I’m taking myself too seriously and being all very dramatic about whatever is going on in my life and hormones play a major part in that 1% too! 

Today I shall mostly be doing not a lot, I’m going to get my paperwork done then go for my massage, go see a man about 2 coaches then chill out for the rest of the day with my mom, the most awesome person I have ever known.  She’s as nutty as a fruitcake and I love it, the nuttiness has absolutely nothing to do with her age by the way, she’s always been that way, my mom is a very unique soul who despite having a damned hard life has always just gone on with it and seen the wonderful in life.  We could all learn from her, if she’s had a problem or situation that couldn’t be changed; she’s changed how she responds to it and seen it as a challenge or accepted it and smiled and gone on with it.  Her life story would make an incredible read, it really would.

Anyway can’t write a blog without mention of food, not when I’m doing a week on Simple Start, yesterday we had leftover hotpot and I put the other packet of beef in the slow cooker in a Maggi bake in the bag, “chicken balti” mix with an onion, mushrooms and half tin tomatoes and wow was it good, I let it cook for about 4 hours and it was delicious, the maggi bag was 2pp total, I will definitely be buying that flavour again, it was just the beef curry I’d been fancying.

I’ve got a whole chicken that needs skinning and cooking in some way today, I really wanted to be all creative but I’m not going to get home later till teatime so it isn’t going to happen, I’m thinking whack it in the slow cooker and have it with rice.  We have no potatoes or carrots because when I went in cupboard to use some last night they were all rotten, only delivered on Sunday too – I don’t usually complain but I will be sending an email about that, my pantry stunk!

Feeling proper chilled this morning, cold is just a sniffle now and my head is clear again, just goes to show eating good healthy food helps with the healing process, I’m starting day 5 of Simple Start and I feel good and enjoying the food I eat more so than anything. 

I’ve just found this recipe on the internet so might try it with my chicken but I’ll remove the skin first, it’ll still taste good I’m sure.

The Best Whole Chicken in a Crock Pot

Ingredients
  • 2 teaspoons paprika
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon onion powder
  • 1 teaspoon thyme
  • ½ teaspoon garlic powder
  • ¼ teaspoon cayenne (red) pepper
  • ¼ teaspoon black pepper
  • 1 onion
  • 1 large chicken
  1. Combine the dried spices in a small bowl.
  2. Loosely chop the onion and place it in the bottom of the slow cooker.
  3. Remove any giblets from the chicken and then rub the spice mixture all over. You can even put some of the spices inside the cavity and under the skin covering the breasts.
  4. Put prepared chicken on top of the onions in the slow cooker, cover it, and turn it on to high. There is no need to add any liquid. 
  5. Cook for 4 – 5 hours on high (for a 3 or 4 pound chicken) or until the chicken is falling off the bone.
Right I’m off to get my paperwork done, another cuppa first, gotta love the simple life, I likes no complications in my world - it works for me.  The only decision I need to make right now is tea or coffee ;-)

Here’s to a great day BeYOUtiful. xx







No comments: