Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 7 August 2014

Looking forward to the weekend oh & my dinner :)



7th August 2014
So plant your own gardens & decorate your soul instead of waiting for someone to bring you flowers. Jorge Luis Borges
I cannot tell you how happy I am to have a completely clear diary this weekend, after a few crazy weeks I don’t have to be anywhere or do anything unless I want to, I shall even be putting an “out of the office” reply on my email account, I haven’t done that since Christmas!  Really going to enjoy some quality time with me and mine, and the weather can do whatever it likes, if it’s sunny I’ll sit outside, if it rains I’ll sit inside.  They’re will be a lot of chilling and doing what I enjoy doing, whatever that may be this weekend, I’ll decide as the weekend unfolds, I don’t want to feel I have to do anything or be anywhere.  Ooo I’m getting excited just writing it!  I do love the simple life.

I’m also pleased that I’ve managed the week on my tracker, first time in ages and normally my weigh in is a Monday but just for the sake of this tracker thing we started last Thursday I had weighed myself first thing Thursday morning so I have done again today and I’ve lost 1/2lb in that week which I’m thrilled with because I’ve tracked but not been completely on track!  My plan is to start me a nice tracker book as soon as I’ve bought one I like which will probably be tomorrow or Saturday, I will continue to track on the paper ones until then.  I want a nice ring bound A5 pad, I can feel a project coming on, I’ll let you know more as it unfolds ;) 

I already can feel myself slowing down in anticipation of stopping this weekend, which will mean I’ll have to work for more hours tomorrow but I just have no rush in me this week, it’s definitely a combination of a busy month and hormones and I’m going with the energy flow making the most of my full energy when it arrives and slowing down when it goes away.

Food-wise yesterday I was very healthy, I tried Puy Lentils at lunchtime with some salmon and sweetcorn, that was nice, then at tea time I had a Jamie Oliver microwave pouch that only took 1 minute to heat up, it was curried chickpeas and it wasn’t bad, especially as I’m not really a chickpea lover, 8pp of quickness if you were in a rush.  I’d be lying if I said I’d buy that or that particular packet of Puy lentils again though; I think lentils are good in a curry and I have had nicer Puy Lentils than the packet I tried yesterday, mom enjoyed it though.  

I need to do something with this whole chicken in the fridge so I have food for later, it’s all the planning as we’re discussing in meetings this week.  This time of year is tough for moms who have their lives turned upside down for six weeks because of the school holidays so it’s best to make sure you have a plan on how to make it through.  

I’m going to portion my chicken I think, make a dish with black olives, mushrooms, onions the serve it with Actifry chips so the juice out of the casserole style dish will go lovely with the crispy of the chips, mmm could eat that now, yep even at 6am I could eat a full cooked dinner – I love good food I do!   I’ll use the idea of Nigella’s 40 cloves of garlic recipe but without the 40 cloves because I don’t have that many and because I want it slightly different.  NOM NOM!  I will take the time to do this today and then I can do the extra hour of paperwork tomorrow that I would’ve been doing.  It’ll be nice served with mixed grains as well at a different meal.  Oh why do people not want to make the effort to feed themselves yummy food, when it tastes so delicious, it evokes so many feel good feelings in me when I take the time to cook for myself and my mom, for a start it fills me with self love because I’m taking care of myself and my mom. 

Anyway I’m getting carried away and I have things to do, especially if I want to get a chicken ready for the oven.  Enjoy your day BeYOUtiful, remember you wherever you are on your journey, remember it takes 4 weeks for you to notice your body changing, 8 weeks for your friends and family to notice, and 12 weeks for the rest of the world to notice!
Don’t ever give up because you’re worth the effort! Give it time - it’s a journey not a race and the time will pass anyway but don’t ever put your health & happiness on hold BeYOUtiful, you’re way too important!  

 Eat Gorgeous BeYOUtiful always focus on the healthy and happy. xx





No comments: