Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Saturday 16 August 2014

Here's to a Wicked day!

16th August 2014
We're all stories in the end, just make sure yours is a good one!


I've had the best sleep, wanted to stay up and watch the Big Brother final but knew I wouldn't be able to keep my eyes open so I decided not to try and had an early night and I bet I've slept ten hours!   This will help because I'm off to see Wicked at the theatre tonight with a wonderful friend who I've known for ten years now and even though we don't see each other so often anymore it's always feels like it was only yesterday when we do.  I'm looking forward to a lovely night catching up on all her news, Vicky is one more bit of wonderful in my life I have Weight Watchers to thank for as we met in the meeting I lost my weight in as a member and we've been besties ever since.

Had a fun morning yesterday shopping for our Teddy Bears Picnic on Monday, please let the sun shine because then they get to play on the bouncy castle, but I'm prepared for rain, we have goodie bags at the ready and pass the parcel, well we will have once I've put it all together, that's tomorrow's fun probably or maybe this morning although I have office stuff to look at first, I would like tomorrow completely free to spend with mom and in our garden. 

Mmm I'm a bit of a multitasker, so right now I'm watching the Big Brother final, writing this and flicking through the Asda magazine as you do!  I've just seen what looks like a tasty recipes for baked salmon fish fingers with home made tartare sauce, the fish fingers if made using low calorie brown bread would be Filling and Healthy and you could maybe use low fat Greek yogurt or quark to make the tartare sauce f&h also. 

Recipe 
4 slices wholemeal bread (use 8 slices of low cal brown bread for F&H)
1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves, roughly chopped
3 egg whites
4 x 125g skinless salmon fillets

For the tartare sauce
150g full fat Greek yogurt
2tsp Dijon mustard 
4tsp capers
3 spring onions, trimmed and finely chopped
1tbsp finely chopped flat leaf parsley 
2tsp finely chopped tarragon
Juice of 1/2 lemon
Few drops of Tabasco pepper sauce (optional) 
Lemon wedges, to serve 
Lettuce to garnish 

1.  Preheat the oven to 220C / 200C Fan / Gas 7. Line a baking tray with baking paper.  Lightly toast the bread and then blitz in a processor to get fine, dry breadcrumbs. Tip into a large bowl and Todd through the thyme, a little salt and a good amount of black pepper. Lightly beat the egg whites in another big bowl and season. 
2.  Cut each salmon fillet in half lengthways, to get 8 fingers of fish.  In batches, toss the fingers in the egg white and then in the breadcrumbs to coat evenly.  Arrange in a single layer on the baking tray as you go. Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes. 

3.  Meanwhile, to make the tartare sauce, simply mix all the ingredients in a bowl. Season to taste.

4.  To see if the fish fingers are cooked, push a knife tip into the thickest bit; the flesh should be opaque. Remove from the oven and serve with the tartare sauce. 

They would be lovely served with actifry chips or mash and peas.  Think I might try them Sunday, May not do the sauce as I don't have all the ingredients but the fingers alone will be yummy. 

You can tweak most recipes to suit the Weight Watcher plan and that's why I love it so much, it is great that there are already so many cookbooks where the work had been done though, saves the hassle.

Well we're down to the final two in the house, I'm happy that my winner is still there oooo the results are in, so I'm stopping writing.....


Have a great day BeYOUtiful!

Oh yes my girl did it, I always have liked a challenge, my bestie will understand......





No comments: