Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 17 September 2013

Got to love a late start!

17th September 2013
Success consists of getting up just one more time than you fall.” - Oliver Goldsmith
 
Alarm clock didn’t go off this morning, so I’m 20 minutes behind, luckily I woke up without it!  I had a great day yesterday, went walking and I literally went round the Wrekin and up and over it too, 9 miles thereabouts I did, I loved it, not knowing if I was taking the right path because I hadn’t took a map, love not knowing where I’m going! It’s the sponsored 15 miler on Saturday, I think I shall mostly be spending Sunday in pain ;) possibly with blisters – hey ho it’s for a good cause.  I’ve raised approx £91 so far and still have the collection tubs in the meeting to empty, so it’s not too late if you want to sponsor me. http://www.justgiving.com/bevsww or donate a pound or more by texting
 BEVL99 £1 to 70070
 
Here are the photos of yesterday’s walk if you interested in
 
Well it’s weigh day today and I’m ok with whatever the scales say because I know I’ve eaten well and taken care of myself this week – I’ve 100% followed the Healthy & Happy approach.  I can honestly say that tracking in my journal has kept me more motivated than anything I’ve tried the last few months to stay on track. 
 
It’s been proven that tracking your food helps weight loss; apparently it’s so difficult for diet researchers to do their studies because the moment a person starts tracking their food, their behaviour changes.  It makes sense doesn’t it, the moment you know that someone else is observing what you consume, you’re going to think differently about your choices, whether this is a conscious process or a more unconscious one.  You’re likely to improve your eating behaviour because you want the person/s reading it to be impressed – I know I’ve thought more about it knowing I’m going to share my journal pages on my blog.
 
People also lie about what they eat, either deliberately or they don’t even realise, we get what I call diet amnesia, and we forget the bits and bobs we consume when no ones looking!  So that’s another reason a tracker/journal is good, as soon as you bite it – you write it!
 
I’ve made use of my journal, my app and bits of paper if I haven’t had my journal to hand when I’m eating, as long as it’s logged somewhere I can put it all together later.
 
I believe it’s made so much of a difference that from now till December I’m going to encourage my members to do track with the incentive of winning a prize!
 
So if you don’t already, maybe you should start if you’re serious not only about losing weight but keeping it off!  By tracking you’ll learn about your habits, when you’re likely to snack or go off track, it’s a great tool.  It may help to track not just what you eat, but when, where and why, you’re emotions – heck track anything that’s going to help you learn about yourself and your behaviour so that you can change them!
 
I’ve even meal planned this week, I have 7 days worth of dinner and tea all planned out, and I have to say I was glad of it yesterday when I got back from my walk because I didn’t have to think, so lunch yesterday was Welsh Rarebit and it was scrumptious, would have gone even better with some zero soup if you were particularly hungry.  
So I’m minus 5pp on the week, I’ve used all my daily’s, weeklies and activity ProPoints, so we shall see what the scales have to say in approx 4 hours – wish me luck J and have a great day, here’s the recipe if you fancy a delicious lunch today;

 
Welsh rarebit, serves 2 – 9pp per serving
4 slice of low calorie bread (6pp)
2 eggs, separated (4pp)
1/2tsp English mustard powder
½ tsp mild paprika
75g Mature Cheddar (8pp)
 
Preheat grill, lightly toast bread on both sides (use toaster for this bit, it’s easier) then place on baking sheet.
 
Whisk egg whites in a bowl till them form soft peaks and set aside.  In another bowl, mix together egg yolks, mustard powder, paprika and cheese.  Gently fold in the egg whites and mix well. 
Spoon mixture carefully onto the toast slices and grill for 3-4 minutes or until fluffy & golden brown.
 
 
That’s what we call Eating Gorgeous!
 
 

No comments: