Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 10 September 2013

Everything's so much easier when you smile x

10th September 2013
“Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it.”  Confucius
Being all RA RA RA is fantastic, however it can also be short lived!  When it comes to weight loss you need some realism, we won’t always feel motivated, it’s highly unlikely that you can keep that enthusiasm up all the time, there will be days when we want to think ‘sod it’ and that’s when having your surroundings sorted comes into its own.  What isn’t there can’t be eaten - simple as that really! 
The other thing that helps enormously is having routines in place that become habit so you no longer consciously think about them, so mine would include always weighing my food so that portion sizes are correct, wearing my pedometer to encourage me to be active, cooking with good ingredients to give me deliciously tasting food, and many more that I’m no longer even aware of.
I made a delicious tea last night, it was cheese, potato and onion, I fried 3 onions in a tablespoon of oil (4pp), and sliced then boiled potatoes (14pp).  Layered these two in a casserole dish and in a saucepan heated ½ pint skimmed milk (3pp) with grated cheese (15pp) and a dessertspoon of plain flour (1pp) to thicken, poured this over the potatoes and topped parmesan cheese (3pp), then grilled until brown, absolutely delicious and a great cheap, meat free meal.  It was so good I could have eaten it again but I didn’t, however I’ll enjoy it lunchtime today.
 
So this week in the meetings we’re looking at meal planning, and I’m also going to be telling the tale of Rachel the rebel, if you’ve ever really struggled with wanting to lose weight you’ll really be able to relate to Rachel and I’m very grateful to her for letting me share her story, I think a lot of you will recognise yourself in her words!
 
Meal planning I won’t lie scares me a little because I don’t know what I’ll fancy on any given day, so I’ve done my planner so that I have a choice of breakfasts, dinners and teas to choose from so that I can decide on the day, I’m thinking tomatoes on toast for breakfast this morning, but then anything can change in the next hour!
I found some wonderful ways of counting down your weight loss yesterday from pegs to pebbles, and I’ve made my own using a little chalkboard I had from the pound shop, it’s now propped up in my office as a constant reminder of what I’d love to achieve by December.
 
I also sorted out my photos from Sunday and noticed that one looked very similar to a photo that was taken over ten years ago in Lanzarote, the location may have changed, we may have aged but the smiles remain the same.  It reminded me that whatever you weigh, if you’re emotionally and physically healthy and happy then the smile can shine bright regardless.  
I finish my antibiotics today – 3 weeks of them I’ve taken and the lump in my neck is still there but it's painfree thankfully, they’ve truly messed about with my tummy though so I’m hoping to get it back to normality and get this weight lost!  Obviously not all in one week ;-)
Let’s make Tuesday tasty shall we by eating gorgeous and of course it goes without saying being BeYOUtiful. Xx
 

No comments: