Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Saturday 6 July 2013

It really is MOMDAY today!

6th July 2013
Mother is the one we count on for the things that matter most of all. Katherine Butler Hathaway
 
My mom is 75 today!  WOWsers what a life she’s had, some happy, some sad yet she’s still standing, still smiling and loved by so many.  Thursday morning at my meeting Jayden the little lad who comes with his mom had bought her a card he’d made himself and also a cupcake with a candle in it – so sweet, they blew it out together then he screamed excitedly whilst I watched moms big grin, great happy moment.
She didn’t want a birthday cake so had two large synthetic cream tea cakes instead – they’re one of her favourites and we’re going to spend the day in our new back garden and enjoy this glorious sunshine.  It’s also my brother’s birthday, fancy giving birth on your birthday, that one was memorable for sure!
I never made Sainsbury’s its just going to have to be patient and wait for me to go another day ;) Instead I went to have my hair done and on the way stopped at Waitrose.  The universe works in marvellous ways, on Monday a friend showed me around her garden and I loved her roses and her fish pond, and over the week I’ve thought I must get a rose bush for the garden, as I was driving I was thinking and decided I wanted a standard rose with small red flowers because I prefer the smaller flower, I said to myself I would drive to David Austin Roses or somewhere when I had a few hours free, then I pull on Waitrose for a quick look round and what do they have in the doorway  - standard  red rose bushes with small flowers!  Meant to be, so I got me a red and a yellow one because they were lovely ;-). 
I managed to shovel the builders bag of mulch chipping round the back garden when I got home, that took a couple of hours, so now all that’s left to do today is fence panel painting, bought my pillar box red paint yesterday and my primer undercoat (getting to be a professional now I am) and I’ve also got some chalkboard paint and I’m hoping it will work because I’m going to paint a couple of the panels and turn them into chalkboards so mom and I can write stuff on them ;-), I have a feeling her tourettes might emerge in written form when they’re done!
The neighbour across the road has bought her the biggest box of Lindtt chocolates – oh my, I like those ones, not many chocolates tempt me but mmm Lindtt, she’s going to have to hide them or I might just indulge in a couple, after all it is her birthday and if 75 years ago on this day she hadn’t been born, then 43 years ago I wouldn’t have been either and I wouldn’t have been fortunate to have had the most loving, fun wonderful mom in the entire universe, who has been there for me through everything that’s happened in my life, who’s supported my decisions even when they were wrong, who has loved me even when I wasn’t always lovable and who has always told me I’m amazing and the best thing on this planet which ultimately made me the Happy Owl I am today.  Yep my mom is one hell of an amazing lady – have I convinced you I need to eat her chocolates yet?
So yes like most days but maybe a little more than usual our house will be filled with love and gratitude because I really do feel blessed to have my life and my cantankerous, outrageous at times, nightmare of a mother, I wouldn’t want to swap or change her at all because she rocks!
If you have people in your life you feel that way about, go tell them NOW!
Actually go look in the mirror and say it to yourself because there’s no love quite like self love it makes life so much easier when you accept you and yours and everything that goes with it.
Enjoy the Sunny Saturday that we really have been blessed with today. xx
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have a great day together!