Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 1 July 2013

I'm feeling good.

Monday 1st July 2013
Half the interest of the garden is the constant exercise of the imagination.
Mrs. C. W. Earle
WOWsers, half way through the year, first July already, I cannot believe how fast that has gone!  My mom is 75 on Saturday, it doesn’t seem five minutes since her 60th when I took her to Nepal to see Everest, or the year we did England, Scotland and Ireland in a fortnight, we drove through Wales on the way home that holiday just to say we’d done all of Great Britain ;-).  Lots of lovely memories and all seem not that long ago!  This birthday won’t involve a holiday, instead I will have finished her garden by then and we can enjoy relaxing in it every day it’s dry and enjoy looking at it through the window on the wet days.
Yesterday I built a rock garden (of a sort) and planted heathers to form a border between the slate scree and the plants that will have bark mulch put in-between them to keep the weeds down.   By the end of the day I was seizing up and had a job getting up off the floor, but once I’d had a bath and a glass of the red stuff I was fine, I’ve had a cracking nights sleep and feel fabulous this morning  Loving the manual work I have to admit, so next weekend it’s putting bark down, then I will start painting the new fence panels on the right side of the garden, probably brown but who knows anything could happen between now and then to change my mind, after all I only decided about the rock garden Saturday night when I remembered some wooden stumps from our fallen fence and then noticed some terracotta plant pots in a skip at the end of the street!
If you’d like to look at my progress here’s the link to the album of what I’ve done so far.
Doesn’t the sunshine make a massive difference to how you feel, how everyone reacts when you’re out and about and it just makes the weekend perfect.  It would be wonderful if we could have the next two months full of sunny weekends, especially as the kids will be breaking up from school any time now.
Since dropping my Monday morning meeting I now feel like I actually get a weekend to enjoy, I’d got to the point where I was spending the weekend just getting my energy back from my working week and as I’ve already pointed out at the start of this blog, life goes by way too quickly without us spending all of it working and recovering. 
So today is MomDay, I will see if she fancies a drive somewhere, otherwise we’ll both enjoy sitting in the garden, I’ve got some signs to varnish.  Oh I want a ‘public footpath’ post sign like you get in the countryside for up my garden, if you know of anywhere that sells them let me know, I’ll google it later ;-)
Diet wise, I hardly thought about food yesterday at all, we had fish pie for tea which was lush, I had a ½ packet of almonds for my breakfast weirdly, which I ate whilst walking round the car boot sale, I hardly did any of it because I’d only took £40 and found a plant man selling big plants cheap so I spent my money fast, then I had to go get car to pick them up in and therefore came home, I did get myself a nice metal thing for £2 to use as an ornament, it’s a cobblers tool that you put the shoes on, my granddad was a cobbler so it’ll make us remember him when we’re in the garden – a wonderful man he was.
Time for a nice walk with Alfie I think, hoping he fancies a good one this morning because it’s beautiful out there again today.
Make it marvellous Monday, I know it’s the least popular day of the week for most but remember you get one of them every 7 days so you need to learn to love them. Xx
 
 
 
 

No comments: