Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 15 July 2013

Good morning Gorgeous...

15th July 2013
Life is like riding a bicycle, to keep your balance you must keep moving.
Yay it’s Monday and what a wonderful weekend, yesterday was so much fun, a day of comedy at the Edinburgh Festival Preview, if you fancy a laugh it’s on for the next two Sundays and only £7 a ticket over at Bar One in Derby.  I booked the tickets because I wanted to see Ian D Montfort and I was not disappointed, the icing on the cake was he had my brother on stage and it was brilliant.  Nothing beats laughter and we had a day of it, just wonderful.
Sceptic Mark at Ian D Montfort July 14th 2013
From a Weight Watcher point of view I did everything that was wrong yesterday, I had a bacon sarnie for my breakfast, then a burger and hotdog at the show, a few lagers followed by KFC on the way home, the only good thing I would’ve done was have corn on the cob from KFC but they didn’t put it in our order so the only fruit & veg I had yesterday was onion on my burger!  Therefore today will mostly consist of the good healthy stuff and be alcohol free.  I plan to spend it with mom probably in the garden unless she fancies a drive; I’ve also got some work to do first and a dog to walk because we’ve had a lie in.
So yesterday morning when I was getting ready to go out, I toyed with a maxi dress but thought nah I’ll wear jeans it’s bound to be a spit & sawdust kind of place and I don’t want to be tripping up over my dress so I’ll wear my jeans.  I love wearing jeans but hate buying them as if you believe jean manufacturers I’m a funny shape because getting a pair that fit correctly doesn’t happen very often, I once spent a day with my mate shopping for jeans and couldn’t find anything regardless of the fact I was actually willing to pay a lot of money!  So last Thursday I’d picked a pair up off a second hand store for 50p and they fit like a glove, they had some paint on but I thought they’d be fine for dosing around.  Well mom only went and got the paint out and when I put them on yesterday with my little top I FELT FAB!  Now I’m no size 8 these days (and I can say I have been in the past quite a few times) but stood there in my size 14’s Next jeans that fit like a glove, sporting a healthy brown sunshine glow I felt the healthiest and happiest I’ve ever felt – not to mention the most confident!  Yes it’s not just about numbers on scales and labels in jeans it’s about how you feel inside and I can honestly say I feel both happy and healthy.
Yep I remember at size 8 and 9 stone trying to get rid of that ‘roll’ of fat I still had when I bent over, erm HELLO everyone has rolls when they bend over, it’s called skin but I was so obsessed back then I thought my stomach could be totally solid, these days I love my rolls and have no resentment to them at all. 
Back in the size 8 day if someone had told me I was gorgeous or I looked fabulous I’d have been embarrassed and probably not believed them, hell these days I believe every word, I even tell myself how damn wonderful I am – it’s called self love not being a bighead, we’re all wonderful in our own ways, everyone of us is gorgeous.   It’s ok to believe that you know!  It’s also okay to have days when you don’t feel so great about yourself as long as it doesn’t last and you get over it as soon as possible – there will always be bad hair days, days when nothing looks right and days where you feel fat!
Right now go look in a mirror and see the beauty that others see, you don’t have to be a size 8 to be great, notice your positives, stop looking for your flaws because you are GORGEOUS – never forget that. xx
 
 

No comments: