Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 19 June 2013

Why didn't I lose weight?

Tuesday 19th June 2013
A goal without a plan is just a wish. Larry Elder

Did I mention that yesterday was my weigh day, and that I ended my week on track, with 21 activity ProPoints unused having earned 57pp on my pedometer, having spent over 8 hours on extreme gardening, not to mention weighing, measuring and recording accurately absolutely everything that passed my lips! DID I, DID I mention it?  How do you think I felt when I got on the scales to see a half pound loss, especially as I knew that half pound was probably only because the week before I was wearing a jumper and this week I had a thin top on?  Gutted to say the least especially when I’ve been weighing members who have been getting between 2-6lb in their first week and there was me with half pound.
 
So why didn’t I lose weight? Well when I first got off the scales I had no idea, I was not impressed at all, but I consoled myself with the fact that I felt really good in myself, that for a week I hadn’t obsessed about what my next meal was going to be, I hadn’t spent an age in the kitchen and also that I’d enjoyed my week doing other things.  Yes I told myself I was feeling healthier and happier and more in control of it all and that was the main thing, I was still a bit gutted that I hadn’t had a nice big weight loss though ;-).  Then I remembered I’d not gained any weight the week before after having  week in Wales and indulging a bit so maybe that had caught up on me this week which would help to explain the 1/2lb only loss.  Oh my word I just used the “only half” or “onyarf” as it’s said round here statement, I tell my members off for saying that as any loss is good! 
The other reason could have something to do with me getting active, don’t know the science of it all but I have a lot of members who get active and don’t get an instant weight loss, one personal trainer told me its something to do with the body holding onto to fluid to protect the joints initially until your body gets used to the activity!  Mmm let’s hope so ay because I need a weight loss, and I’m doing everything I’m supposed to, to get it.
What about the menopause or perimenopause?  Could that be the reason I’ve gained weight and am not losing it so quicky?  Mmm well that’s in debate, if you google it you’ll get different responses some say it does make a difference, some say it doesn’t really.  What most say is regardless of whether the menopause has anything to do with it or not there are things you can do to help your weight loss. Here are a few tips from on of those sites to help:
·         Eat a balanced diet. Avoid refined sugars and indulge in fruits and vegetables.
·         Avoid crash diets. Starvation will only cause your metabolism to slow down, causing you to gain more weight later on.
·         Don't lose large amounts of weight. Being very thin can lead to an increased chance of developing osteoporosis.
·         Limit your intake of caffeine, nicotine, and alcohol. These can exacerbate water retention.
·         Remain active. Do aerobics to increase your metabolism and burn fat. Do weight bearing activities such as walking and cycling to increase muscle mass and ward off osteoporosis.
I know my weight gain is down to eating too much, not the menopause or any other reason, I’m guessing my lack of weight loss this week is more than likely due to my holiday the week before and possibly upping my activity and scaring my body to death!  But as a very wise lady said to me yesterday “I feel that getting your metabolism going is like moving a big, heavy train. Slow to start but if you keep the momentum going its gets faster.  I likes that idea, and I think she has a point and she made me feel better yesterday morning with my result because I now believe this tank engine is getting it’s “choo choo” on!
The one thing I’m not going to do is go into “sod it” mode, which I’m guilty of doing in the past and which I see so many members do.  Don’t get the weight loss expected so go and overindulge to make sure you don’t get a weight loss next week!  No I’m staying focused, yesterday I decided a filling and healthy day was necessary as I felt really hungry, so I started with a banana toastie using couple of slices of Weight watchers bread, for lunch I had bacon medallions, baked beans and scrambled eggs.  Then for tea I had tinned pink salmon, mash, peas, sweetcorn, spinach and asparagus.  It was all delicious and even ProPointed it only came to 28pp for the day, which ain’t bad and I also earned 8pp on my pedometer which meant I could have a sneaky 250ml glass of wine to get over my shock of not losing weight! ‘-)
Here’s to another day of being healthy and happy and Eating Gorgeous because I’m BeYouTiful too and we’re all worth the effort of taking care of ourselves because we’re worth it – aren’t we?
 
 

No comments: