Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Saturday 15 June 2013

I love it when someone makes me think...

Saturday 15th June 2013
Wisdom means to choose now what will make sense later.  I am learning everyday to allow the space between where I am and where I want to be, to inspire me and not terrify me.  Unknown
Mmm sat staring at the scream, still not 100% awake and thinking what shall I write today, don’t very often stare at the scream usually just start writing.  The only thing in my mind though is a comment that was made on one of my Facebook posts last night so maybe I should share that as it’s made me think and google Steve Jobs!  Anyway the post was this quote;
 
“When I was 17, I read a quote that went something like: “If you live each day as if it was your last, someday you’ll most certainly be right.”  It made an impression on me, and since then, for the past 33 years, I have looked in the mirror every morning and asked myself: “If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?” And whenever the answer has been “No” for too many days in a row, I know I need to change something.”  – Steve Jobs.
 
 
 
Now when I read it I thought mmm he makes a good point, we can get stuck in a place we aren’t happy and it’s much too easy to stay there rather than work out how to do something about it.  That’s why I shared the post. 
The comment made on the post that made me think was “How wonderful it must be for one's aims to be one's only concerns
I thought it was quite a profound reply and pondered on it for a while, I’m still pondering obviously as I’m writing about it ;-).  Obviously I don’t actually know the lady who made the comment so I can’t for sure know what she 100% meant by her comment but I read into it that she has so much going on in her life that her aims are somewhere on that list but not the only priority – I may of course be totally wrong, it could have just been a flippant response or a quick retort, maybe I’ll never know.
But she makes a good point either way and it’s actually a subject we covered this week in my meetings how we gain have our goals (aims) and really want to achieve them, how we can even have in place the plan of how we are going to achieve them, heck we’ve even decided on how we may reward ourselves when we get there, then something happens to make us forget for a moment or distracts us and “IN THAT MOMENT” our aim is no longer our only concern!   
And that my lovelies is why weight loss isn’t easy and neither is life in general!
There are certain things in life you just can’t change, and if you do look in the mirror every morning and ask yourself: “If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?  And your answer is no for far too many days in a row, but you can’t change the thing that’s making you respond in that way (whatever that may be) the only thing you can change is your response to the situation.
I can’t change the situation with my mom at the moment, I can’t make her better, heck I’d love to be able to take my life back 2-3 years but it’s not possible, so instead I’ve adapted to the present by asking myself how can I improve our lives at the moment for both of us, that’s included taking out National Trust membership so we can both do something together that we will enjoy and will get mom out of the house and also taking up a new hobby to give me something to do when I’m at home rather than off travelling at weekends.  I’m looking forward to pottering in my garden (if it ever stops raining for long enough for my brother to get the heavy work done!). 
I’m enjoying slowing down, living and loving the moments, it’s good to realise we can't appreciate the views if we're travelling at break-neck speed, and it's certainly not good for our health.  I’m choosing to believe wherever we’re going; we’ll get there in the end.   not good for our health! Slow down a while :)
It’s the weekend, hopefully you’ll get chance to slow down for a while.  Have a sensational Saturday and take care of you because you’re important too. xx

No comments: